RoughStack Users Thread
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: RoughStack Users Thread

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default RoughStack Users Thread

As several of us have recently bought RoughStacks, I thought it would be nice to have a specific thread for sharing tips & suggestions. We have some veteran RoughStack users here and I hope they'll chime in.

We all know the RoughStack is a great mod. The purpose is not to compare this mod to that mod. The purpose is to share RoughStack experience.

Example - I have been vaping eGo style batts with Boge's and similar type cartos. I always use a cone because the cone warms & mellows the vape. The Boge on the RoughStack is a bit airy for my taste. Obviously an eGo cone will not work on a RS.

How can I tighten up the draw a little?

Thanks, JJ
    oplholik likes this.
    Wealthy is the man who knows he has enough.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran dale1962's Avatar

well i use dcc's on my maxirs all the time at 6v and get a perfect draw everytime

Super Member ECF Veteran Jason_in_nc's Avatar

I've used the 510 shorty extension on the RS, then put the 510 to eGo extension on top of that. Then you'll be able to use the cone and tighten up the draw and have the gone just above and out of the way of the button.

ECF Veteran

Thanks guys. I think I just answered my own question. Screw the carto in a little tighter.

Lately I've been really careful about not tightening the carto too much because it pushes the center post up. Then when I go to use a different battery it doesn't make contact. Since raising the center post has become the standard ritual these days, I'll just get used to it. Much better draw now.

I sure do love the look of machined aircraft aluminum.
    kblush and Kimmers like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good idea on this thread. This will be a good thread to subscribe to. I got my RSv2 last Saturday and really like it. I think this is one mod that can take a beating, and keep on ticking. One thing I did right off was to wire brush the threads, then took some fine emery paper and went around the tops of the threads, then blew them out real good, then applied a dab of noalox. Smooth as butter. Just be sure to clean out the threads and re-apply the noalox every week or so.
    kblush likes this.
    Quit Date: 03/2011
    Look, read, and listen. Vape safe!

ECF Veteran

Good suggestion. The RS has fine aluminum threads. This means it's easy to cross-thread and damage the threads. Go slow & easy when removing/replacing the cap.
    kblush likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hi Everybody....I've had a tix in with support and waiting on a reply - but since the thread I posted to doesnt seem to be getting any activity - thought I'd try to get some feedback from other user's here. We love the RS - having some major atty probs. Here's the issue:

Why do most of my attys not work with (Maxi) Roughstack?

Not sure if you could tell from his review if some obvious issue we could easily address...really so grateful for any feedback

DiamondVape's Channel - YouTube

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet View Post
    Good suggestion. The RS has fine aluminum threads. This means it's easy to cross-thread and damage the threads. Go slow & easy when removing/replacing the cap.

I'm not sure if everyone is already doing this or not. What I do with threading anything, attys, or RS body, I always do a half turn backwards until I hear a little click in the threads. I had a couple of attys I couldn't get to fire and I did this half turn back on accident. Once I heard the click I turned the atty forward and it threaded like "normal" but when I went to hit the batt this time it fired up. I do the same with the RS body but it is a little harder with the snug fit of the batt. Just a tip.
    blue8091 and kblush like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubbamonk View Post
    I'm not sure if everyone is already doing this or not. What I do with threading anything, attys, or RS body, I always do a half turn backwards until I hear a little click in the threads. I had a couple of attys I couldn't get to fire and I did this half turn back on accident. Once I heard the click I turned the atty forward and it threaded like "normal" but when I went to hit the batt this time it fired up. I do the same with the RS body but it is a little harder with the snug fit of the batt. Just a tip.
    I use that method also, didn't think to mention it tho, it's a good way to get a good start.
    Quit Date: 03/2011
    Look, read, and listen. Vape safe!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by blue8091 View Post
    Hi Everybody....I've had a tix in with support and waiting on a reply - but since the thread I posted to doesnt seem to be getting any activity - thought I'd try to get some feedback from other user's here. We love the RS - having some major atty probs. Here's the issue:

Why do most of my attys not work with (Maxi) Roughstack?

Not sure if you could tell from his review if some obvious issue we could easily address...really so grateful for any feedback

DiamondVape's Channel - YouTube
    I've found that with this and some other mods that it's necessary to gently pry the center pin of the atty or carto out with your fingernail or a small screwdriver. Only pry it a tiny bit at a time and try it - normally if it's sticking out by just a hair it'll do the trick. If the post is slotted, don't turn it! That's not a screw head, just an air channel and enough rotation will break a wire and kill your atty/carto! Good luck!
    blue8091 and kblush like this.
    Vaping since April 3, 2011 8:30am

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast