O-ring for EMDCC drip tip adapter
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MASTER0FDAMPF
  • 1 Post By pwyll

Thread: O-ring for EMDCC drip tip adapter

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran pwyll's Avatar

Default O-ring for EMDCC drip tip adapter

So I ordered a 510 Drip Tip Adapter for eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer to see if it actually worked. It worked fantastically, so I ordered six more (because if something works you need more than one)--but they don't work. On the first one I got, the o-ring fills up the slot in which it sits and sticks out from the walls just a bit (you know, like an o-ring is supposed to do). On the six that don't fit, the o-ring is about half as wide as the slot and sits perfectly flush with the walls of the adapter--so of course they just slide in and out of the eMDCC without really making contact at all. So what I need is the proper o-rings.

None of the o-rings listed on the site says they are compatible with these adapters. It looks to me like Outer Replacement O-Ring for the 3.5mL Dual Coil Tank would work, but I don't have enough information to be reasonably sure and I didn't want to spend $3 shipping to find out if a 30 cent part works--especially to find out it doesn't. I didn't want to put in a ticket to ask the question because my experience with MadVapes' customer service is that they don't ask (or answer) questions, they just replace the part--and I didn't want them to spend the money shipping me replacement parts either (especially if the replacements had the too-small o-rings as well)--but I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I put in the ticket asking if they new which o-rings fit, pointing to the ones I thought might, and providing a photo of the sort-of defective adapter.

I didn't get an answer to what size o-rings the adapters use. I did get six more adapters. Their o-rings are also too small. I now have 12 adapters that won't fit and no idea what size o-rings I need. I won't put in another ticket because I don't need 18 adapters that won't work and I don't want MadVapes to keep wasting money and parts shipping me replacements (I've been through this before). If I do I know it will eventually get fixed, but MadVapes will waste a lot of time and money eventually making it right

Does anyone know what size o-rings these things are suppose to have? I don't have the means to measure the one that works and I don't have any o-rings to try on the ones that don't.

And to Hoogie (because I know you read everything here): There is such a thing as having your customer service be too good
    A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet.
    --Copernicus

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran hoogie76's Avatar

I will ask what o-ring they used on them. They're all the same batch so in theory the o-rings should all be the same but if I ask if they swapped them up mid stream, they'll let me know. I took a peek at a hand full of them and they all appear to be the same.

Thanks for the props on the CS

hoog

Thanks

If they do say they used the same o-ring, I can send pictures of them side by side. It wouldn't really prove anything since there's always the possibility that I switched one of them out, but they are quite obviously different with even a simple visual inspection.
    --Copernicus

Any news on this yet?
    --Copernicus

Evidently not.

Oh well.
    --Copernicus

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I recently got some 3.5ml replacement outer rings, I will try one on the DT adapter and let you know. they should work, as the tank is ego sized, but the shell is thicker on the tank so I want to check before I confirm.

Thanks
    --Copernicus

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

They fit great! Out of curiosity I tried a tank cap on the EMDCC and it works! a bit thicker than the DT adapter, but also available in chrome!

Outer Replacement O-Ring for the 3.5mL Dual Coil Tank
    pwyll likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER0FDAMPF View Post
    They fit great! Out of curiosity I tried a tank cap on the EMDCC and it works! a bit thicker than the DT adapter, but also available in chrome!
    Thank you kindly, MoD--both are excellent pieces of information to have
    MASTER0FDAMPF likes this.
    --Copernicus