O-ring for EMDCC drip tip adapter
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MASTER0FDAMPF
  • 1 Post By pwyll

Thread: O-ring for EMDCC drip tip adapter

PV Master ECF Veteran

Default O-ring for EMDCC drip tip adapter

So I ordered a 510 Drip Tip Adapter for eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer to see if it actually worked. It worked fantastically, so I ordered six more (because if something works you need more than one)--but they don't work. On the first one I got, the o-ring fills up the slot in which it sits and sticks out from the walls just a bit (you know, like an o-ring is supposed to do). On the six that don't fit, the o-ring is about half as wide as the slot and sits perfectly flush with the walls of the adapter--so of course they just slide in and out of the eMDCC without really making contact at all. So what I need is the proper o-rings.

None of the o-rings listed on the site says they are compatible with these adapters. It looks to me like Outer Replacement O-Ring for the 3.5mL Dual Coil Tank would work, but I don't have enough information to be reasonably sure and I didn't want to spend $3 shipping to find out if a 30 cent part works--especially to find out it doesn't. I didn't want to put in a ticket to ask the question because my experience with MadVapes' customer service is that they don't ask (or answer) questions, they just replace the part--and I didn't want them to spend the money shipping me replacement parts either (especially if the replacements had the too-small o-rings as well)--but I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I put in the ticket asking if they new which o-rings fit, pointing to the ones I thought might, and providing a photo of the sort-of defective adapter.

I didn't get an answer to what size o-rings the adapters use. I did get six more adapters. Their o-rings are also too small. I now have 12 adapters that won't fit and no idea what size o-rings I need. I won't put in another ticket because I don't need 18 adapters that won't work and I don't want MadVapes to keep wasting money and parts shipping me replacements (I've been through this before). If I do I know it will eventually get fixed, but MadVapes will waste a lot of time and money eventually making it right

Does anyone know what size o-rings these things are suppose to have? I don't have the means to measure the one that works and I don't have any o-rings to try on the ones that don't.

And to Hoogie (because I know you read everything here): There is such a thing as having your customer service be too good

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran hoogie76's Avatar

I will ask what o-ring they used on them. They're all the same batch so in theory the o-rings should all be the same but if I ask if they swapped them up mid stream, they'll let me know. I took a peek at a hand full of them and they all appear to be the same.

Thanks for the props on the CS

hoog

PV Master ECF Veteran

Thanks

If they do say they used the same o-ring, I can send pictures of them side by side. It wouldn't really prove anything since there's always the possibility that I switched one of them out, but they are quite obviously different with even a simple visual inspection.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Any news on this yet?

PV Master ECF Veteran

Evidently not.

Oh well.

PV Master ECF Veteran MASTER0FDAMPF's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I recently got some 3.5ml replacement outer rings, I will try one on the DT adapter and let you know. they should work, as the tank is ego sized, but the shell is thicker on the tank so I want to check before I confirm.
    Provari M/F,M0D #6 Blend,Vivi Nova,Mom and Pop's Caramel,SSLE LavaTube, Q2V3 Copper!,
    Indulgence V3, MV Gripper,ST 510's+PCC,S.I. VOLT (808)+PCC,Carto e-Pipe,eGo
    VV eGo,kGo,WiiGo,Auto-Box,Rough Stack,DoD's,LavaTube Black/Silver, LT minis SS/black

PV Master ECF Veteran

Thanks

PV Master ECF Veteran MASTER0FDAMPF's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They fit great! Out of curiosity I tried a tank cap on the EMDCC and it works! a bit thicker than the DT adapter, but also available in chrome!

Outer Replacement O-Ring for the 3.5mL Dual Coil Tank
    pwyll likes this.
    Provari M/F,M0D #6 Blend,Vivi Nova,Mom and Pop's Caramel,SSLE LavaTube, Q2V3 Copper!,
    Indulgence V3, MV Gripper,ST 510's+PCC,S.I. VOLT (808)+PCC,Carto e-Pipe,eGo
    VV eGo,kGo,WiiGo,Auto-Box,Rough Stack,DoD's,LavaTube Black/Silver, LT minis SS/black

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER0FDAMPF View Post
    They fit great! Out of curiosity I tried a tank cap on the EMDCC and it works! a bit thicker than the DT adapter, but also available in chrome!
    Thank you kindly, MoD--both are excellent pieces of information to have
    MASTER0FDAMPF likes this.