Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Madvapes is admitting to being hacked.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My account just got hit they were buying WALMART.COM gift cards and sending them to California. Thanks Madvapes!

Super Member ECF Veteran Mad Scientist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulspikey View Post
    My account just got hit they were buying WALMART.COM gift cards and sending them to California. Thanks Madvapes!
    That's bad but not to hard to back it out with the CC company. The bigger danger is identity theft and the more places that have a lot of identifying info., the more danger there is. Repeating myself, I have a great discomfort handing over my exact date of birth to any and every vendor and the potential danger of doing that is crystal clear from this hacking incident.

I also remain very curious what "public" records would make the need for my exact date of birth available to these age verification companies to check against. Birth records are not public records in any state I know of.

I'm going to write my congressmen (& women) and ask that they look into this. I really want to know how these age verification companies can get away with what they are doing. If they are getting it from the credit bureaus (likely), that goes far beyond my expectation of whatever Swiss cheese privacy policies these for-profits have with data about me they have collected and sell. Even the most moronic criminal would seem to be able to harvest identities with all the crap floating around on the Internet and then adding in hackers, any privacy is over with.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I doubt anyone remebers me its been awhile but ill write in my experience. June 11th i purchases 30 mls of juice, and by june 17th my bank card was cancelled because someone tried to charge about 1500.00 in a matter of minutes. Got a new card yadda yadda its chase so its anoying but it got resolved rather fast. I'd recommend people going and getting a simon giftcard from the mall or any ol cheap throw away visa for the time being. Madvapes are the only store i EVER buy from because i only vape ultramint and i am in no way trying to bash them or hoogie but this is getting rather fustrating.

It seems to be going around. I also have a card i've had in my wallet and only used locally for some fast food here and there and its had its numbers stolen. Not all sites require the numbers on the back. You would be suprised how many websites could be hacked and purchases made with number generators alone. Just keep an eye out on your accounts. Almost everywhere now days has 0% fraud liability but still it does get old abit fast. Also....Make sure you download something like Malewarebytes incase someone has keylogged or trojaned your comp
    Last edited by GrimReaper; 08-24-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    bizzyb0t likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    I doubt anyone remebers me its been awhile but ill write in my experience. June 11th i purchases 30 mls of juice, and by june 17th my bank card was cancelled because someone tried to charge about 1500.00 in a matter of minutes. Got a new card yadda yadda its chase so its anoying but it got resolved rather fast. I'd recommend people going and getting a simon giftcard from the mall or any ol cheap throw away visa for the time being. Madvapes are the only store i EVER buy from because i only vape ultramint and i am in no way trying to bash them or hoogie but this is getting rather fustrating.

It seems to be going around. I also have a card i've had in my wallet and only used locally for some fast food here and there and its had its numbers stolen. Not all sites require the numbers on the back. You would be suprised how many websites could be hacked and purchases made with number generators alone. Just keep an eye out on your accounts. Almost everywhere now days has 0% fraud liability but still it does get old abit fast. Also....Make sure you download something like Malewarebytes incase someone has keylogged or trojaned your comp
    I had my numbers hacked at least once a year, It has happened to both my MC and Paypal cards. It is very frustrating. Bank of America is good on catching it. Paypal isn't so I have to keep a low balance on that debit card.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by djezewski View Post
    I had my numbers hacked at least once a year, It has happened to both my MC and Paypal cards. It is very frustrating. Bank of America is good on catching it. Paypal isn't so I have to keep a low balance on that debit card.

chase is really good about it too PNC is total .... when it comes to catching anything. Also PAYPAL has an arrangment on most creditcard companies to make sure its always allowed if theres enough in the account. They will NEVER detect fraud from a paypal transaction reguardless if its from your own paypal account or your card was charged into someone else's paypal
    djezewski likes this.

Full Member Verified Member Bassmanspiff's Avatar

My account was hit yesterday. yay pain in the ... process of getting my card shutdown.

I had a fraud alert on my Chase ATM card about a month ago. No biggie. It happens. Yesterday, I used a Discover card that I very rarely use to book a flight for my father to attend his brother's funeral. Today I got a fraud alert from Discover. I thought "oh ...., I must have a key logger on my system!". Every scan imaginable=My system is clean. If there was anything on it there is way more money in other places they would have access to.

I noticed that the only place I have ever used both cards is Madvapes and did a quick google and wound up here.

5vz
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Just got an order without the many email confirmations. Actually it came last night, but I was asleep.

Perhaps not having the confirmations is helpful on most computers??? Don't open them if you receive them. Just let them sit there.

I love MV.

GrimReaper, I remember you. You started long after I did, and also loved CandyCane for a bit. I still love it, but it can only age a few months, not a few years. :eek: Yep, I did that.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Us too

Quote Originally Posted by paulspikey View Post
    Same here, on 8/28, after a Madvapes order processing on 8/27. We got hit last month too - huge PITA on that one ($1,000) because it was the bank debit card. Again, right after a Madvapes purchase. Got it all straightened out after about 2 weeks. This last one was a credit card. Still a pain, but faster. I'm sick to death of the hassle. I didn't get much of a response when I called.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My card was hit in June and I was like okay the credit card company caught it, stuff happens I am sure they will fix it. Received my new card and put nothing on it the next month except Madvapes. Guess what? Just like in June two days later they used my card number and had a good time. Between the June issue and July issue they racked up charges over 1000.00 in a matter of hours. I sent all order info to the credit card company and the processing center info as well. I sent a ticket into Madvapes about the issue and they closed it, Resolved...... Obviously it is NOT! So I have moved on to another company and they have lost a long time customer.