FDA seizing new shipments - Page 2
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: FDA seizing new shipments

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geminimind View Post
    Oh hell no.the fda is really overstepping on this one. More worried about tax dollars than the peoples health.
    The FDA is not at all concerned about tax dollars. They don't collect taxes. They spend taxes. They are wasting our tax dollars on trying to ban e-cigarettes.

What they are concerned about is their own omnipotent power.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Kind-of funny...not really; but I placed an order from over seas about 45 days ago now. The company has been great with tracking numbers and such and very apologetic, but the tracking just sort of stops at our coast with no further information and USPS hasn't received it yet. Makes me wonder...is it really lost or is the FDA involved some how.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Bustastew's Avatar

Vocalek I sent your email with my short story to both Texas Senators. Thank you for the help =) *waves hand in jedi motion to everyone reading this, you will send Vocalek's email form letter with your own story to your senators, and these are not the droids you are looking for, move along"

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm not claiming to be any sort of authority,but can't other vendors that have shipments seized file lawsuits against the FDA using the same precedent that applied to SE and NJoy?

is this just a few cases or is the fda stopping/banning all imports now??

thanks

Thank you very much for this post. I have already fired off letters to my Senators and Rep. I would suggest ALL OF US DO THIS.
    I also wanted to put my money where my mouth is and have become a contributing member of CASAA. This I also would encourage ALL OF US TO DO.
    Is this matter important to you? If so, then action is required - consistant action - NOW.

I want to be able to continue to "Vape On".

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    There are a couple of neat tools on the web to track down the contact information for your elected represenatives.
    https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
    U.S. Senate: Senators Home
    Select your State and you are on your way.
    Example of a short and sweet letter:
    Dear ______________
    Please tell the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to stop wasting taxpayer money on their attempts to ban electronic cigarettes as "unapproved drug-delivery devices." Two levels of the U.S. federal court system have told the FDA they cannot seize incoming shipments and that they should be regulating the products under the Tobacco Act. Yet the FDA persists in wasting our tax dollars on filing more appeals. They also continue to seize incoming shipments in defiance of the court orders. That costs money, too.

[Insert personal story here]

The American Association of Public Health Physicians has stated that products like the electronic cigarette could save the lives of 4 million of the 8 million U.S. smokers who would otherwise die of smoking related disease within the next 20 years. The FDA is supposed to helps save lives. Please don't allow them to kill smokers. Contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Name
    Address
    Phone number

Digital Gypsy Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sang k View Post
    is this just a few cases or is the fda stopping/banning all imports now??

thanks
    According to the OP in the other thread mentioned above;
    The FDA did call back and yes my little package is being held by them. The FDA Agent said that they are holding any and all e cigarette shipments that they find. They still can legally hold them since after the verdict on Dec 7th they have so many days to appeal and try to get a stay and during this time they can still seize packages. He thought it was 50 days after the verdict but wasn't sure. They are waiting for the decision to be made by the FDA. If they appeal they will be able to stop shipments and all these shipments will be sent back to China. If they don't appeal then all these shipments will be released and sent to everyone in the U.S. They will wait for a directive from the FDA before anything is done with these packages. He said at this time they are trying to stop everything that is coming through Chicago. He didn't know if the other ports were being as diligent, but the directive was sent to all Customs, but they were and that they were holding big or small packages, it didn't matter.
    So they're stopping everything they can get their hot little hands on, supplier or individual, big or small. What's worse is, unlike before they aren't sending them back if requested. Everything is getting warehoused until the FDA decides what they're going to do.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If the FDA is continuing to sieze or have customs sieze in violation of the court decision....isn't that contempt of court? Perhaps we shoud direct our letters to Judge Leon and those apellate justices whose orders are being violated. Judges don't like being ignored and made fool of. As far as I can tell, there is no active appeal....but rather just the FDA asking for the opportunity to file one.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Bustastew's Avatar

Hell to the yeah on what maxx said. In response to the FDA's bs action, we should send my cousin Vinny after em.. YouTube - My Cousin Vinny Cross Examination

t9c

I too wrote my Congressman and both Senators thanks to Vocalek's excellent form letter. It really made the process sooooo much easier and to the point. Thanks Elaine!!

Everyone listen up!!
    Please send your elected representatives a personalized copy of Vocalek's letter she has posted in this thread. This stepped up confiscation policy by the fDa needs to be stopped by any means necessary.
    Last edited by t9c; 01-12-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Reonaut, CASAA Supporter. Analog free since July14, 2010.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast