Are you going to be interviewed about E-cigarettes? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Are you going to be interviewed about E-cigarettes?

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Here's the story that was done on our store this weekend:

1st SWFL e-Cigarette stores opens doors

Blog Entries

A NEW YORK TIMES REQUEST FOR "Electronic cigarettes: Have you tried them? in preparation for an article. This was my email to a abiolchini @ gannett .com .

I am a current user of e-cigarettes. I have smoked since I was 14 (now 55) and was exposed to nicotine in the womb and secondary and third hand smoke all during childhood as my parents smoked. On December 20, 2010 I received my first electronic cigarette and have been analogue free since that day. I have significantly decreased my use of nicotine over that time. I have tried Nicorette gum and it simply became a replacement, in fact it probably increased my nicotine use. I have been on Chantrix and became extremely depressed. I took Zyban and the side effects were intolerable. The patch did nothing except cause a severe rash.

Vaping appears to address the behavioral component of smoking and the nicotine dependence. My physical health has dramatically improved with shortness of breath, morning cough and general energy levels enhanced. The only side effect from vaping is that the e-liquid has stained a couple shirts. I have quit for months at a time- but in retrospect those were times when I was chewing Nicorette.

I have also become very active in e-cigarette support groups and vocal in many forums regarding this issue. I doubt that I have ever been nicotine free. I have ADHD and have been medicated for 15 or so years. Nicotine has several neurochemical effects that are positive (increased attention being one).

Do I consider myself an ex-smoker, yes on most days. Do I plan to stop vaping, I’m not sure. Do I decrease my nicotine concentration in my vaping solutions, yes definitely.

Vaping has been a life changing event for me.

I can state that I have been part of an effort to remove from You Tube underage vaping videos and smoking videos. I strongly support the regulation of e-liquids for purity and lack of potential contamination by the 60 or so carcinogens known in tobacco smoke. I do not support its classification as a drug, it is a tobacco product. Vaping just frees me of the 4000 plus chemicals in tobacco that one ingests when smoking analogues. I also support bans on sales to minors.

Respectfully,

John Connell
    Albuquerque, N.M.

In retrospect after reading the above probably clearing through CASAA would be a good idea. It is a brief version of my story and I read through the material associated with what to know and answer and feel confident, but will contact CASAA (0f which I am a member) should anything move forward. Words are powerful and must be clear.
    Last edited by rolygate; 11-15-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Brewlady likes this.

Registered Supplier
    Panama City Beach, Destin, Panama City all in florida and Bay City, Michigan so far!

Thank you! The Skype idea is pleasing! I have done interviews before on these, and having all this info is priceless! I will be scouring all the info before my next radio interview!!! For sure!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

A Friend on the ECF passed your information on to me because of an issue at work. The administration allowed vapeing for patients and not even 24 hours later they decided to revoke this RIGHT because "some of the products still contain tobacco." Thank you so much for your research and the time you took to put this all together. You are awesome!
    I will use your works and heed your advice to stay even tempered.
    Thank you so much!
    Brewlady likes this.

Super Member Vaping Advocate
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catfishy View Post
    A Friend on the ECF passed your information on to me because of an issue at work. The administration allowed vapeing for patients and not even 24 hours later they decided to revoke this RIGHT because "some of the products still contain tobacco." Thank you so much for your research and the time you took to put this all together. You are awesome!
    I will use your works and heed your advice to stay even tempered.
    Thank you so much!
    Please post back and let us know how this turns out. Obviously ecigs do not contain tobacco, but the anti-tobacco groups are more than willing to lie to advance their agenda. It would be interesting to know what gave the administration the impression that "some of the products still contain tobacco". The best way to educate people is to find out where they are getting this incorrect information. We have lots of good information that can disprove all of the "e-cigs are dangerous" garbage. If these people are really concerned about HEALTH they would never consider banning harm reduction products.

Reading this info has made me realize how few countries have actually banned this technology.
    And the fact that my country, Canada, is one of the only ones is absolutely shameful.

I like to think we're pretty progressive, but we have a lot of work to do.

I plan on printing the tri-fold pamphlet and keeping it on me, so that I can randomly educate interested people.
    Thanks a lot for all the useful information.

Keep on keeping on.
    ByStander1 likes this.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default List of Electronic Cigarette Research

This document might come in handy, too. It is the most recent update of my list of Electronic Cigarette Research studies.

Electronic-Cigarette-Research.pdf
    ByStander1, DC2, wyojoe and 2 others like this.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

ECF Veteran

Brewlady,
    We are now back to allowing the patients using e-cigs! The information I got from the CASAA Web Page was more than helpful! I will continue the GREAT Fight!
    Vocalek, DC2, Thulium and 1 others like this.

Moved On ECF Veteran

I would love to be interviewed on this topic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast