Chicago Vapebash and Chicago Vapefest
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Chicago Vapebash and Chicago Vapefest

  1. #1
    Super Member ECF Veteran 6pointprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    734

    Default Chicago Vapebash and Chicago Vapefest

    There are two major meets scheduled for the same weekend in Chicago this coming March - Vapebash and Vapefest. Information can be found at http://www.vapebash.com and Chicago Vapefest 2012!

    Tonight on Click, Bang! Ed and Scott from WCV will be my guests to talk about Chicago Vapebash and why they decided to schedule it on the same weekend as Chicago Vapefest.

    The call in number for questions and comments is 347-308-8329

    Questions and comments may also be submitted to [email protected]

  2. #2
    Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,118

    Default

    This is selfish childish behavior.

    Trying to destroy e-cigarette organizing, research and advocacy efforts only benefits the e-cigarette prohibitioinists.
    sonicdsl likes this.

  3. #3
    Super Member ECF Veteran 6pointprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Godshall View Post
    This is selfish childish behavior.

    Trying to destroy e-cigarette organizing, research and advocacy efforts only benefits the e-cigarette prohibitioinists.
    Hi Bill. Do you think that you need to know the motives of the organizers in order to make that statement?

  4. #4
    Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,118

    Default

    No. The motivations and actions by certain e-cigarette consumers and vendors against other e-cigarette consumers and vendors has been deplorable and detrimental for the e-cigarette community.

    Reminds me of the movie Lord of the Flies.

    We all need to work together to preserve legal and affordable access to e-cigarettes, and to preserve the legal ability to use e-cigarettes.

  5. #5
    Super Member ECF Veteran 6pointprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointprime View Post
    Hi Bill. Do you think that you need to know the motives of the organizers in order to make that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Godshall View Post
    No.
    You are wrong. Knowing the motive is essential to concluding whether the action is virtuous or wicked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Godshall View Post
    We all need to work together to preserve legal and affordable access to e-cigarettes, and to preserve the legal ability to use e-cigarettes.
    Agreed. We need to work together. So I assume you will be contacting David Goerlitz - he mentioned he would be open to helping fight for the e-cigarette legal cause.

    No, of course you won't, because you are suspicious of his motive based on his past behavior.

    Bill, when you (erroneously) state that motive is irrelevant and then (properly) use motive as a reason to justify your own actions, you demonstrate your lack of knowledge on this subject as evidenced by your willingness to put on blinders en lieu of actually gathering all of the required information necessary to come to a valid conclusion.

    Bill, you're a rockstar because of what you do for this community, but your willingness to cast aside logic and facts to come to a foregone conclusion is disappointing.
    Last edited by 6pointprime; 01-24-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo

  6. #6
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    yvilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Your logic doesn't follow 6point. David Goerlitz is neither an e-cig consumer nor vendor, afaik. So whether Bill sees him as an asset to the cause or is willing to work with him, or not, has no relevance to the point he made - which is the need for the e-cig community, consumers and vendors, "to work together to preserve legal and affordable access to e-cigarettes, and to preserve the legal ability to use e-cigarettes".

    In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

  7. #7
    Super Member ECF Veteran 6pointprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    Your logic doesn't follow 6point. David Goerlitz is neither an e-cig consumer nor vendor, afaik.
    Neither is Bill.

  8. #8
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    yvilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Duh. That does not detract one iota from his observations: "Trying to destroy e-cigarette organizing, research and advocacy efforts only benefits the e-cigarette prohibitioinists". And, we, the ecig community, "need to work together".

    And are you aware of ANY other individual who is neither a consumer nor vendor who has done more for our community? Acting solely out of unselfish, disinterested concern for the lives and health of others? Nope.

    In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

  9. #9
    Super Member ECF Veteran 6pointprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    Duh.
    Duh? I don't think so. You brought up this point. It is a fact that is irrelevant to this conversation. QED. Or rather, duh.

    Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    That does not detract one iota from his observations: "Trying to destroy e-cigarette organizing, research and advocacy efforts only benefits the e-cigarette prohibitioinists". And, we, the ecig community, "need to work together".
    Yolanda, this is a question of virtue or vice based on a good or bad motive. I demonstrated that Bill chose to use motive to come to one conclusion, and rejected considering motive when reaching another. This is his error. Your comments neither strengthen nor weaken the degree or kind of error that he made.

    Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    And are you aware of ANY other individual who is neither a consumer nor vendor who has done more for our community? Acting solely out of unselfish, disinterested concern for the lives and health of others? Nope.
    I thanked him for that in my post, as I have in the past in person. Is there something else that I need to do to show my appreciation to Bill? You seem to be suggesting that by questioning his logic I am somehow not grateful for his efforts...otherwise, why bring it up after I specifically showed how appreciative I was for what he does?

    The problem here is not my logic, but rather your poor reading comprehension.

  10. #10
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    yvilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    No you're not getting it. One final try - and if you don't get it I'm done with this.

    The point Bill was making was that the ecig community - comprised of consumers and vendors - needs to stop this destructive and internecine war. He doesn't need to be a consumer or vendor himself to be able to make that observation. And your throwing Goerlitz in there, something having no relevance at all to the point being made, was simply obfuscation.

    Want to talk about motives? I have no personal connection to this at all any more - I left precisely because I was so disgusted by the divisivness and ugliness of the whole war - but here is what someone else had to say on another forum about the motives in play here:

    "Its funny...in the other thread, someone from your group was saying how nice you people are and how your group makes people feel welcomed and a part of a family....

    But all I see are allies in misplaced aggression war waged in an effort to split the community and an attempt to ruin a fun event for not just one person...but for everyone who wants to attend vapefest...

    Does that make you happy? Is that what your vape group is all about? Selling your soul because of someone's personal anger and drive to destroy one woman??

    Suddenly, chicago doesn't feel very friendly...and your group doesn't seem very nice....

    Have fun at your event and enjoy all the blood money that comes with it..."


    I'm sure others might dispute that, or lay claim to other motives, but the very fact that a vaper can have that perception of the motivation for scheduling a competing event for the same weekend shows us all how destructive and damaging this state of affairs is.

    In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks