Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: What? Is This Guy an Idiot??

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MattZuke View Post
    Well the gent did give me his cell number on a public post on facebook.
    And if you call him, we want to hear how it went!

Vaping Since 12/20/10 With No Analogs. REO 4 The Win!
    Donate to WE ARE VAPERS: www.indiegogo.com/WeAreVapers
    Join CASAA and Help Win the Fight! (it's Free!!):
    casaa.org

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TennDave View Post
    And if you call him, we want to hear how it went!
    I texted him the Seigel blog, he responded but didn't understand the 127char limit on SMS.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahFooFooHead
    : I read them earlier this week. He only reports on the little blurb that the DesNews quoted me on. I'm sure we're on the same side (nicotine is bad hether from a

I'd rather have someone else from Casaa talk to him, as I just want to shout "do you want me to get cancer and die".
    sanjosse likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dlsw View Post
    Really... Hmmm interesting. Most of us are intelligent and well educated enough to find this forum and read and understand the pros and cons. I think it would be interesting to find out how many of us have advanced degrees. I suspect the number would be high.
    I too would be interested in a general IQ poll, however, I dropped out of college after 2 semesters because I found that just about everything I was being "taught" was either already obsolete or was going to be before I graduated. That and I found that I being autodidactic was a more efficient way to absorb what I needed to know. I do not have an advanced degree (I'm the only member of my family who doesn't have at least a BA/BS); however, I have an I.Q. above 140 and consider myself to be exceptionally well educated though not via traditional channels. I have found that individuals I introduce to electronic cigarettes are far more likely to enjoy and/or stick with it if they have what I would consider above average intelligence.
    sanjosse and Andante51 like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    Someone should ask that guy if he would just keep drinking water because it was from a drinking fountain instead of portioned into little bottles.

Vapers don't keep consuming nicotine non-stop just because it's not portioned into cigarettes we can count. When you are no longer thirsty, you stop drinking water. When you no longer crave nicotine, you put down the e-cig. Duh.
    There are days, there are those stressful days, that I swear I vape like there's no tomorrow, but you're quite right. The fool in this article seems to believe that we are mindless sheep that will eat themselves to death given the opportunity.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just remember "arguing with an idiot just looks like two idiots arguing".
    sanjosse, TomCatt and Newwell like this.
    Kick'n It With Whiskey - Long Live Whiskey - Nothing Like A Shot Of Whiskey

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by David Nevil
    I read them earlier this week. He only reports on the little blurb that the DesNews quoted me on. I'm sure we're on the same side (nicotine is bad hether from an NRT or an e-cig but not as bad as smoking). I'm glad you texted me. Online can be so combative sometimes. I sent you a facebook friend request, too. :-)
    The 2nd text came though, so at least he concedes that a nicotine habit isn't as bad as smoking, he just won't say it in public.

Uma
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    The ANTZ have smokers stereotyped: Low level of education, low SES (that's socioeconomic status in plain-speak), low IQ, plus rude, and uncouth.

The ANTZ believe that all the "smart" peeps quit smoking years and years ago. Those who kept on smoking must be too stupid to understand that the practice is hazardous. That's why they have "classes" for people who want to quit smoking.
    Dr.'s had a tougher time quitting than their patients did. Next time I feel like yelling 'stupid dr dont know his head from a hole in the ground!!!" .... chances are .... i'll be right.
    Last edited by Uma; 02-25-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to re-live it.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

Senior Member ECF Veteran mekks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Perhaps more importantly it should be pointed out that a range of 48-103 is a much WIDER range than 26.8-43.2. That is evidence that SmokefreE-cigarettes are actually more consistent than combustible cigarettes.

If you vape 5ml of e-juice containing 20mg/ml nicotine, that is the same amount of nicotine contained in 5-6 combustible cigarettes (avg ~1.63%). However, most of the nicotine in cigarettes is destroyed by combustion or lost to "sidestream" smoke, so one teaspoon (5ml) of smokefreE-liquid can replace one or more full packs of combustible cigarettes.
    Looking at it like this I would figure I vape no more then I smoked, as I'm at a 18mg average 2ml max a day, maybe 3ml when i first started. Started at a 24 and cut it back once I started on a DCT as it felt to strong with that setup. I was a min half pack to 3/4 pack a day smoker for 23 years.
    sanjosse likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran jbilod1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TennDave View Post
    My question would be, "Do you know what and how much carcinogenic and other chemicals you are 'smoking' in a cigarette?" I KNOW that NO ONE can answer this question.

Compared to the "unknowns" in a cigarette- we vapors know a whole hell of a lot more. I go through 5~6 ml of 18mg/ml nicotine concentration a day...I know EXACTLY how much I get!
    Oh, and I know how many "unknown" chemicals I don't get- ZERO!! I KNOW that number too!!
    He's right. I vape 3ml per day at 24mg. However, I have absolutely no way to measure the hydrogen cyanide or Formaldehyde I was ingesting with my Winstons.
    "Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it a thousand times!" Mark Twain 1835-1910

Senior Member ECF Veteran mekks's Avatar

Looking at this article a little closer, it appears he is ranting about the stupidity in an article reported in the Deseret News

"Utah Health Official Touts Benefit of Tobacco Cigarettes Over E-Cigarettes: At Least You Know How Much Nicotine You're Getting
    According to an article in the Deseret News"

He later goes on to say why their logic is ridiculous,

"The Rest of the Story

This story demonstrates how ridiculous the arguments of anti-smoking advocates have become in trying to attack electronic cigarettes. They are now actually defending the real ones in an effort to cast dispersions on the much safer electronic ones."

What made me take a second look at this was the name of the poster "posted by Michael Siegel @ 8:05 AM"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast