A statement from the president of blu cigs
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TomCatt

Thread: A statement from the president of blu cigs

Da Catt Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Randyrtx and jamentertainment like this.

Support CASAA, I do ... Cotton Wick Wiki ... PV Web Apps
    VAMO, Saber Touch, ACDC, Puck, L-Rider Robust, iMotion, Desktop Mod
    Yo Way Yo

I think that he focuses too much on the conspiracy theory aspect of the opposition. I think allot of the anit-ecig stuff that is being put out there stems mainly from complete ignorance of the product. if the ecig lobby really wants this to change they need to publish independent studies showing the safety of e-cigarettes and the heath benefits from their use. To simply say that "big tobacco" out to get us is kind of a cop out. Do a you-tube search for the health benefits of vaping and most are low quality interviews with some unnamed doctor or thinly veiled product commercials. Lets get some credible evidence and then we can throw that in the face of whomever tries to challenge it.

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The is a recycled press release from two months ago at:
    What does the future hold for Electronic Cigarettes | blu.net

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy View Post
    I think that he focuses too much on the conspiracy theory aspect of the opposition.
    Might want to read these...
    New York Times: A Tool to Quit Smoking Has Some Unlikely Critics
    Forbes: How Health Regulators Are Killing American Smokers

Lets get some credible evidence and then we can throw that in the face of whomever tries to challenge it.
    If you're specifically referring to Blu, they use Johnson Creek juice...
    http://www.casaa.org/uploads/Johnson_Creek_Lab.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    Right. Those first two articles are exactly what I was referring to. Health legislators are completely ignorant to vaping as a whole and just lump it in with tobacco. It is not that big tobacco is out to get us it is that these people do not see a difference. I thought the juice study was a good read but anyone on the against side of the argument are going to see that the funding came from the source of the product. Any positive result will immediately be suspect even if the lab is independent. I think a credible heath organization needs to step up and do there own investigation and throw their stamp of approval on these things. It is a no brainier that anyone who knows anything about them can clearly see the benefit over an analog cigarette but until someone the public "trusts" steps up and say it they will just continue to believe that the only difference between e-cigarettes and cigarettes is the "e".

Da Catt Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The majority of testing is done or funded by those making a product. This is the way of the world, at least until some altruistic organization shows up with a bottomless bank account. The people/company making the product conducts/funds tests/studies and the results are submitted to the appropriate governmental agency for review.

I can understand the "but they did/paid for the study" mentality; but only those who will profit from such efforts have any incentive to pay out the, some times, millions of dollars needed to conduct such research.

Support CASAA, I do ... Cotton Wick Wiki ... PV Web Apps
    VAMO, Saber Touch, ACDC, Puck, L-Rider Robust, iMotion, Desktop Mod
    Yo Way Yo

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy View Post
    Right. Those first two articles are exactly what I was referring to. Health legislators are completely ignorant to vaping as a whole and just lump it in with tobacco. It is not that big tobacco is out to get us it is that these people do not see a difference. I thought the juice study was a good read but anyone on the against side of the argument are going to see that the funding came from the source of the product. Any positive result will immediately be suspect even if the lab is independent. I think a credible heath organization needs to step up and do there own investigation and throw their stamp of approval on these things. It is a no brainier that anyone who knows anything about them can clearly see the benefit over an analog cigarette but until someone the public "trusts" steps up and say it they will just continue to believe that the only difference between e-cigarettes and cigarettes is the "e".
    You mean like the American Cancer Society that depends on pharmaceutical companies for much of their financial support? Not likely to happen. All the "creditible health organizations" have their own agendas that would make positive news about e-cigarettes problematic for them.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---