Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: From Dr. Farsalinos: Evaluation of the cytotoxic potential of e-cigarette vapor on cultured cardiac cells

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default From Dr. Farsalinos: Evaluation of the cytotoxic potential of e-cigarette vapor on cultured cardiac cells

This is the announcement of publication; there's a link there to the study: Evaluation of the cytotoxic potential of e-cigarette vapor on cultured cardiac cells: a new study
    pianoguy, BuGlen, RosaJ and 2 others like this.
    The FDA wants to severely restrict your vaping choices. You cannot ignore this! Be informed!
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fda-regulations/
    Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE! Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

2. Advertisement
    Uma
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Yes!! I think this is key for everybody's daily or weekly rotation. Having the knowledge, to make informed choices, for our individual needs. Thanks for posting this,
    AgentAnia and Anjaffm like this.
    UNITED WE STAND... divided we fall.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The vast majority of us know that e-cigarettes are far less harmful, just based on changes that occur after switching. But having lab research such as this prove it in black and white is enormous.
    Uma, RosaJ, AgentAnia and 1 others like this.

Dragon Lady Supporting Member Anjaffm's Avatar

Great, thank you very much!
    Shared in the German vapers forum.
    Uma and AgentAnia like this.
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I read (skimmed) this earlier this morning. It's a very nice study. I can see flavors being tested like this in the future. It won't be a definitive answer as to whether a particular flavor will do damage or not, but it could give us an idea of which to avoid.

I liked how they addressed avoiding dry burn in the paper.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Characteristically, the worst performing e-liquids in our study were 3 times less toxic compared to cigarette smoke. These liquids were prepared by using tobacco leaves to extract the flavoring, and I believe e-cigarette users should make informed decisions on what to use.
    Sounds like NET's were the worst of the bunch (which were still much better than smoking!)?? At least if I am reading this right. As stated by Spazmelda, this study will prove to be a valuable tool moving forward to address concerns of certain flavors.
    Uma, Mr.Mann and AgentAnia like this.
    VAPE PROUD!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

For those interested, in the story you can d/l a PDF of the study. They name what they used. All liquids were European sourced, so, not being familiar with any of them, I won't mention them. However, I will mention the hardware. They used two devices. One was a standard Joye eGo at 3.7V. The other was a Lavatube at 4.5V. A 2.2 ohm atty was used.
    AgentAnia likes this.

Uma
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Don't quote me, I'm tired. On his Facebook page, he spent a lot of patience and time answering questions for us. From what I understand, all tested to date are acceptable, with home made real tobacco leaf extract pushing the line, yet still 3 kilometers (my paraphrase) away from the line compared to cigarettes. Cinnamon is in 2nd place. He said they'd have to test every single flavor to achieve a shopping chart. (My paraphrase). All in eye, all is good so far, but that we should take a little pause with whole leaf tobacco and cinnamon even though nothing suggests a pause. It's all good. He's going to write a layman page soon.

Hmmm, tomorrow, maybe I can copy paste his words and avoid possible misunderstandings.
    G'night all.
    Kent C, AgentAnia and Anjaffm like this.
    UNITED WE STAND... divided we fall.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

Super Member ECF Veteran Dimitris's Avatar
    Uma, JC Okie, 2coils and 1 others like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Dimitris's Avatar

Tonight on the VapeTeam: “An Interview with Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos”! The doctor joins us live as we cover current e-cig issues and his newest study ("Evaluating the cytotoxic potential of e-cigarette vapor on cultured cardiac cells") which was published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. You are welcome to call in with your questions at 1-347-308-8329! Also meet “Runner X” - a man’s journey into highlighting the benefits of electronic cigarettes as harm reduction products, by running the 26.2 mile NYC Marathon on November 3rd while vaping! Tune in tonight 9:30pm EST at Vapers Place - VP Live Vape Team ~ You can also watch the VapeTeam from ANY mobile device via http://mobilestream.vapeteam.com or YouTube Live: Live Episodes - YouTube and Roku Streaming Boxes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast