Health Canada strikes again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Health Canada strikes again!

Full Member ECF Veteran Greg__B's Avatar

Default Health Canada strikes again!

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/nov...tory/1.2449127

New Glasgow, NS shop owner issued with cease and desist letter from Health Canada.

VAPESTRONG

Sent from Mars using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Same story from another news source. Better written article than the CBC story too.

http://m.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2013-1...rette-debate/1

LaraC likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What has Health Canada done with these stores after sending the letter?

Quote Originally Posted by rothenbj View Post
    What has Health Canada done with these stores after sending the letter?
    For the most part, absolutely nothing. They continually refer to a press release directing people not to use them as they have not been deemed as safe that they issued in 2009. There has been no further info from them since though. They make the media think that ecigs are illegal in Canada but the simple fact is that that is completely false. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what we are dealing with here in canada as vapers.

Uma and AgentAnia like this.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Left a comment:

Perhaps Health Canada should consider changing its name to Anti-Health Canada. Apparently (A)HC is unfamiliar with all of the research showing that the long-term effects of continuing to smoke include lung disease, hear attacks, strokes, and cancer. (A)HC should talk to several of the former smokers who have switched to e-cigarettes instead of smoking and ask about their health. Better yet, ask their doctors about changes in their patients' health since switching. And as far as the nicotine poisoning red herring goes, exactly how many Canadian e-cigarette users have been hospitalized for overdosing on nicotine? I'll bet the number matches the cases of nicotine OD due to using a pharmaceutical nicotine inhaler (i.e. zero.)
    lorikay13, Uma, Greg__B and 3 others like this.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

There was also a radio interview with the shop owner that airs today on CBC radio in the maritimes. Just listened to the replay podcast. The show is called Maritime Noon that played on CBC Radio 1 in the Maritime provinces this afternoon. It's a very good interview for the most part and was fairly balanced.

Uma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    Left a comment:
    Bingo! Couldn't say it better myself! We vapers here in Canada are dealing with a different kind of fight than you're all dealing with in the states with the FDA, or that's going on in Europe and the UK with the European Union, but make no mistake, we are all in this together! We need to continue to get the word out there and educate people at every opportunity. The current slagging of ecigs in the media is ludicrous we can't stand idle and just hope for the best! I've been listening to Kevin on the VP Live a lot lately, and although I think he's a bit crass, I think he's on the right track with trying to get vendors in the US on board with hiring a PR firm to try to combat the constant barrage of negative press ecigs and vapers are currently being slagged with in the media. We need to fight, but more importantly, WE HAVE TO WIN!

Uma likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

Health Canada is just waiting for the big Tax grab from Big Tobacco ... watch them change their tune when they pass the vape Industry over to BT.
    Davinna likes this.
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

Senior Member* ECF Veteran cmknight's Avatar

Vapers in Nova Scotia need to start getting on their MP's and MLA's Facebook pages, twitter accounts, websites, emails, etc. Bombard your Members of Parliament and Nova Scotia Legislature with the Science and the Facts. Health Canada is spreading lies and Canadians have to stop those lies. Our government has to learn to stop milking the teat of the FDA and ANTZ. Initiate a call to action, now!!
    Davinna likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

IF Health Canada is interfering with ones livelihood with false claims could some form of class action suite be brought against them?
    Uma likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast