New research survey - Vermont - 2012-06-28
JF Etter is working with Dr J Hughes of u.o.Vermont on a research study of smokers' and ex-smokers' perceptions, and has asked ECF members to contribute. The details are below.
Dr. John Hughes, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
JF Etter, PhD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Study of Rewarding Events:
Questionnaire on rewarding events
Please complete the survey if you have a few minutes to spare - thanks.
as i am not longer a smoker i am not accepted for the study,
Thank you for your willingness to participate, however, we are looking for survey respondents who fit a different profile.
I started vaping on 6 June so I was, I thought going to be eligible, however; I also got the "Thank you for your willingness to participate, however, we are looking for survey respondents who fit a different profile."
I have a very keen interest in this study however I have to wonder what the good doctor is looking for........
PS I'm a banker so I see deception everywhere I think its referred to as paranoia.
I think that's for active smokers no for professional vapers
Okay, that was kind of weird... not sure what it had to do with smoking... but it should be interesting to find out!
I don't know, I answered the questions honestly (have not smoked for a long time now) and still made the grade.
Originally Posted by Liscab
Not sure what the criterion is, but it isn't about still smoking, because I said I do not still smoke.
Maybe age, any psychosis? LOL
Originally Posted by DC2
probably they are looking for an specific answer i did not give as positive or negative
Originally Posted by DC2
let's try it in here
. Is English your first language? no
2. What country do you live in? usa
3. How old are you? I am 54 years old
4. Do you currently smoke cigarettes? no
5. Have you used any stop-smoking medication in the last month? no
6. Do you plan to stop or reduce your smoking in the next 2 weeks? no I would say no applicable
7. Have you been sad, depressed or lost your ability to enjoy things every day for the last 2 weeks? no
8. In the last year, have you had memory problems that interfered with your work, schooling or every day chores, were noticeable by others and lasted for a month? no
9. In the last year, have you had trouble motivating yourself to do things such that it interfered with your work, schooling or everyday chores, was noticeable by others, and lasted for a month? no
10. In the last year, have you seen or heard things that were not there? no
11. Are you currently in treatment for any psychological, psychiatric or drug abuse problem? no
12. In the last year, have you had any neurological disorder such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, or dementia? no
I dont have psychological problems that why i was rejected
I answered that I hadn't smoked in over 6 months, and it still accepted me. Hmmm. Interesting.
I didn't know what to put for the question 'do you plan on quitting smoking in the next (can't remember- 2 weeks)?
I tried to leave it blank as there was no N/A. I ended up answering no, since I can't plan on quitting something I don't do.
Tags for this Thread