Arsenic in Want2Vape Louisville?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Arsenic in Want2Vape Louisville?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Arsenic in Want2Vape Louisville?

A very recent study conducted in Italy by the Pharmacology department of Naples University has found Want2Vape Louisville containing 113.74 mcg/10ml of Arsenic.
    A level which is dangerously close to the limits of absorption by the human body in liquid form. Now, no information is available regarding absorption through soft tissues and lungs but, as a point of reference, a Dekang liquid (Ginseng) was found containing 0.15 mcg/10ml of Arsenic. Do with this what you will. Thought it was relevant.

Metalli e veleni nei liquidi qualche chiarimento | Esigarettanews Sigaretta Elettronica Blog

Unfortunately almost everything in the above link is in Italian.

As a consequence to these findings, Mondosvapo.com which distributed W2V liquids in Italy, has undefinitely suspended sales of the aforementioned liquids.

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's worth using google translate....the link actually compared the concentrations reported with those found in fruits and vergatables. the bottom line is that yes, the liquids should be tested, but the results need to be reported with context to avoid alarmism.

In a nutshell it seems, as mentioned in THIS article that merely report the facts, that some liquids have been investigated and found in them the presence of lead, cadmium, chromium and arsenic, as regards some of these substances, it's obvious that they are the concentrations of these elements have to be analyzed in the sense that these concentrations are similar in other foodstuffs (D.Lgsl. Jan. 25, 1992 n. 107). Perhaps not since emerged from out of hand, it could be that of eliquid Want2Vape with the relative concentration of arsenic (in this regard comes to my mind, but I could be wrong, that these liquids are made ​​with a maceration of tobacco in PG [? !] and hence the delivery of certain substances, repeat, it is my guess).

Too bad that kind of news, of course, create alarmism and generalizations that are all but reassuring for consumers, especially for the way in which they are disclosed to consumers who do not filter out the actual substance....

....So guys, to conclude, it is fair to talk about it, it is right to analyze, it is right that an increasing regulations for consumer protection, but as we always say, it is right to do it with tools and knowledge of the facts that are not support to misinformation and alarmism, but always say the actual state of things.

ECF Veteran

Yes, exactly. Forgot to mention that my posting this here was mainly for giving W2V a chance to answer and make them aware of what's happening in our country.

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ah, thanks. I'm not sure whether or not they can post in here. Suppliers are somewhat restricted to where they're allowed to post. But it's good info for all of us.

Full Member Verified Member crazyhorseiam's Avatar

as i thought and posted in esn forum as soon as i read that, socalled, news: arsenic is (together with cadmium, lead, chrome etc) a well known essence in most commercial tobaccoes like cigarettes, cigars etc
    I suppose that Louisville is (as many others) a tobacco maceration derived eliquid which arsenic is, matter of fact, released into the pg/vg combination, unlikely to be separated and removed subsequently

but this guess was not suggested nor even disclosed in that news by "Il Salvagente", with the obvious intention to demonize eliquids and alarm careless readers (something that really happens these days)

just my 0.02

ECF Veteran

That's mentioned as a possibility in the link I posted.

as i wrote before, it's not mentioned in the study-news reported by "il salvagente" but only as a guess by me and danielino in esn and esf

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Like someone above mentioned arsenic is found in many fruits and vegetables. If the makers of the juice use natural or organic flavours that could be the reason. Apples are a common fruit we eat and yes if someone knew how, you could serve up a "killer" apple pie. THe percentage is sooooo minimal you would have to drink bottles of it to get sick.

I also believe that arsenic used to be prescribed by doctors to treat ailments in the 1800s. I have not read the article but it does not alarm me.
    Last edited by anavidfan; 06-15-2013 at 12:28 AM.
    mrgoodwrench2u likes this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This has been one of the things that has always bothered me about the trend towards macerations and extracted tobacco flavors - how do we know what's coming along for the ride? I know nothing about the veracity of this particular report or if it's in any way concerning, but doesn't it make you wonder if a purely synthetic and chemically verifiable flavoring would always be the "safest" option?

that's why i only vape "chemical" liquids (i make my own liquids from chemical flavours) instead of "organics" even if i was addicted to virgin vapor's juices: i made a choice which i consider better and, obviously, cheaper. I disagree with tobacco's maceration for that reason besides i don't like that particular taste

noone can really say what will be diluted after a maceration process if not with a complete analysis of the composition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast