Mini-pipe, Second Impression - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 171

Thread: Mini-pipe, Second Impression

  1. #41
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surbitonPete View Post
    Tim......I have now taken a few of my atomizers apart......and I know why the work better at first but don't last very long.....they have deliberately wrapped some of the fibreglass wicking material over the atomizer coil....this makes it work great at first but the wicking fibres clog up badly with black gunk and stop the whole thing working.
    how do you know they did it Pete?

  2. #42
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CandyGirl View Post
    how do you know they did it Pete?
    candy........I certainly didn't do it!!......lol......seriously though I can't see how else it so well wrapped around the coil unless it somehow gets sucked around the coil.. it is literally wrapped right around the coil and coming from under the wicking wire mesh that covers the coil...it seems like it's a new idea for wicking the juice to the coil better...which works great if it doesn't gunk up with the crunchy black stuff.

  3. #43
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Great work Pete! I'm sure we would all be really interested to see some pictures posted on this thread if you have a camera that could do close ups of the atomisers in question.

    I could also then show this to the manufacturers for further evidence...

  4. #44
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    543

    Default

    i wasn't sure if you had sacrificed a new one or just used old ones to check.
    performance differs then with other manufacturer's atomizers?

    either way, good to know for future reference.

    thanks Pete.

  5. #45
    EDO
    EDO is offline
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e-pipeman View Post
    Hi Edo,

    In my opinion the bestecig penstyle on usb passthrough vapes very well indeed. So does the mini pipe. The problem is one of atomiser failure.
    Hi Pipeman.....How long do bestecig atomizers last on the passthrough? Will they last atleast a week or two? My pipe atomizers....are dropping like flies.lol

  6. #46
    Ultra Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    2,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smokindeuce View Post
    Great work Pete! I'm sure we would all be really interested to see some pictures posted on this thread if you have a camera that could do close ups of the atomisers in question.

    I could also then show this to the manufacturers for further evidence...
    Ooops I should have thought of doing that.....I have taken them all apart and I am using all the little bits of black gunk in experiments to find something that will dissolve it.......I think I must have purchased nearly every single cleaner and chemical I can get a hold of now...I won't be needing anything for cleaning the house or the car or anything else for a long time!

  7. #47
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surbitonPete View Post
    candy........I certainly didn't do it!!......lol......seriously though I can't see how else it so well wrapped around the coil unless it somehow gets sucked around the coil.. it is literally wrapped right around the coil and coming from under the wicking wire mesh that covers the coil...it seems like it's a new idea for wicking the juice to the coil better...which works great if it doesn't gunk up with the crunchy black stuff.


    I also noticed on the Dura atomisers that there are additional extensions of something like fibreglass coming off the atomiser and I wonder if this is as you say a new technique to improve the wicking ability?

  8. #48
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    e-pipeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Salford, England
    Posts
    4,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EDO View Post
    Hi Pipeman.....How long do bestecig atomizers last on the passthrough? Will they last atleast a week or two? My pipe atomizers....are dropping like flies.lol
    Hi Edo. For me they last at least a week or two, but then I mix up my vaping over several devices so it's hard to know for sure. My bestecig att hasn't failed yet but then I haven't pushed it very far as yet. It's an occasional vape for me.
    Proud owner of Itaste MVP v2/2xVamo V2/Vamo V5/ L-Rider Lambo 4/ Octopus RDA/2xIgo-L etc etc

  9. #49
    EDO
    EDO is offline
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surbitonPete View Post
    candy........I certainly didn't do it!!......lol......seriously though I can't see how else it so well wrapped around the coil unless it somehow gets sucked around the coil.. it is literally wrapped right around the coil and coming from under the wicking wire mesh that covers the coil...it seems like it's a new idea for wicking the juice to the coil better...which works great if it doesn't gunk up with the crunchy black stuff.
    Wow that is an interesting find. Are these with the pipe atomizers or others as well?

  10. #50
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surbitonPete View Post
    Ooops I should have thought of doing that.....I have taken them all apart and I am using all the little bits of black gunk in experiments to find something that will dissolve it.......I think I must have purchased nearly every single cleaner and chemical I can get a hold of now...I won't be needing anything for cleaning the house or the car or anything else for a long time!

    LOL - Well, I'll be doing some experiments of my own tonight to try and find a solution (literally) to breakdown the black gunk...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks