Mini-pipe, Second Impression - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini-pipe, Second Impression

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by surbitonPete View Post
    Tim......I have now taken a few of my atomizers apart......and I know why the work better at first but don't last very long.....they have deliberately wrapped some of the fibreglass wicking material over the atomizer coil....this makes it work great at first but the wicking fibres clog up badly with black gunk and stop the whole thing working.
    how do you know they did it Pete?

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by CandyGirl View Post
    how do you know they did it Pete?
    candy........I certainly didn't do it!!......lol......seriously though I can't see how else it so well wrapped around the coil unless it somehow gets sucked around the coil.. it is literally wrapped right around the coil and coming from under the wicking wire mesh that covers the coil...it seems like it's a new idea for wicking the juice to the coil better...which works great if it doesn't gunk up with the crunchy black stuff.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Great work Pete! I'm sure we would all be really interested to see some pictures posted on this thread if you have a camera that could do close ups of the atomisers in question.

I could also then show this to the manufacturers for further evidence...

Super Member ECF Veteran

i wasn't sure if you had sacrificed a new one or just used old ones to check.
    performance differs then with other manufacturer's atomizers?

either way, good to know for future reference.

thanks Pete.

EDO
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by e-pipeman View Post
    Hi Edo,

In my opinion the bestecig penstyle on usb passthrough vapes very well indeed. So does the mini pipe. The problem is one of atomiser failure.
    Hi Pipeman.....How long do bestecig atomizers last on the passthrough? Will they last atleast a week or two? My pipe atomizers....are dropping like flies.lol

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by smokindeuce View Post
    Great work Pete! I'm sure we would all be really interested to see some pictures posted on this thread if you have a camera that could do close ups of the atomisers in question.

I could also then show this to the manufacturers for further evidence...
    Ooops I should have thought of doing that.....I have taken them all apart and I am using all the little bits of black gunk in experiments to find something that will dissolve it.......I think I must have purchased nearly every single cleaner and chemical I can get a hold of now...I won't be needing anything for cleaning the house or the car or anything else for a long time!

candy........I certainly didn't do it!!......lol......seriously though I can't see how else it so well wrapped around the coil unless it somehow gets sucked around the coil.. it is literally wrapped right around the coil and coming from under the wicking wire mesh that covers the coil...it seems like it's a new idea for wicking the juice to the coil better...which works great if it doesn't gunk up with the crunchy black stuff.

I also noticed on the Dura atomisers that there are additional extensions of something like fibreglass coming off the atomiser and I wonder if this is as you say a new technique to improve the wicking ability?

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EDO View Post
    Hi Pipeman.....How long do bestecig atomizers last on the passthrough? Will they last atleast a week or two? My pipe atomizers....are dropping like flies.lol
    Hi Edo. For me they last at least a week or two, but then I mix up my vaping over several devices so it's hard to know for sure. My bestecig att hasn't failed yet but then I haven't pushed it very far as yet. It's an occasional vape for me.
    Proud owner of Itaste MVP v2/2xVamo V2/Vamo V5/ L-Rider Lambo 4/ Octopus RDA/2xIgo-L etc etc

EDO
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wow that is an interesting find. Are these with the pipe atomizers or others as well?

Ooops I should have thought of doing that.....I have taken them all apart and I am using all the little bits of black gunk in experiments to find something that will dissolve it.......I think I must have purchased nearly every single cleaner and chemical I can get a hold of now...I won't be needing anything for cleaning the house or the car or anything else for a long time!

LOL - Well, I'll be doing some experiments of my own tonight to try and find a solution (literally) to breakdown the black gunk...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast