Page 11 of 6117 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast
Like Tree95410Likes

Thread: JonboyUSMC's Lava Tanks

Senior Member ECF Veteran CDATundra's Avatar

Has anyone heard anymore about the DIY kits??

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I've got 2 more tanks to sell, then I will move on to the DIY kits. One of the members here is sending me a couple of ce2 regs, so I can get the dimensions for the clear tank from it. I've got a couple of international buyers that I'm waiting to hear back from on buying the last of this batch of tanks. If I don't hear from them soon, I have a some members waiting for the 2 that I have left. I'm going to place a sample order for the colored materials, and try a few of them. I want to see how much labor is involved in getting them polished up. I also found the vendor that supplies the material for the cherryvapes drip tips.I've got an e-mail into them, checking on material sizes. I really like the looks of the colored material. They would definitely add a little bling to any mod.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
    Basscase, I see your point, if your vaping that much, but there is a easy solution. Buy 2 tanks . I'm sure jonboy will not mind . I have a total of three tanks (2 map tanks and 1 jonboy tank) that I fill with different flavors. That way if I start getting tired of one flavor, all I have to do is unscrew it and screw another one on and they will last me a loooooooooong time.

As far as the provari goes, this thing is worth every cent I paid for it!!!!! I really being able to dial it in to the perfect sweet spot and it is super easy to change the settings, as the ohm rating is a little different in all three of my tanks. I have been very happy with it and don't feel the need to use anything else. With you being a long haul truck driver, I might suggest buying the vehicle charging adapter if you ever decide to buy one. That's what I did and went with the standard 18490 batteries. I am getting from 7 to 10 hours on a fully charged battery and have the second battery in the charger with me when making long trips.
    Hey Ksmith, appreciate the reply. Got a little busy, and forgot to check the thread. I have little doubt I will own a couple of these mods, as I have been following these tanks for a little while. I did however just place an order for a custom made bottom feeder, so it will be a couple of weeks for the tank mods. Looks like the DIY tanks should be ready by then, and think I will go with a couple of those.

Thanks for the info, on the tank and the Provari. Think O will have to have one of those programmable beasts next, let's face it, one mod can never be enough. I can always find an excuse for buying another mod. Thanks again.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I will definitely buy one of the DIY kits if they are still in the works. I just got one of these yesterday and I must say it is impressive. It is more solid than I thought it would be. The tank is very strong. I like the relief on top and bottom to prevent it from cracking too. Real nice work johnboy. I have a bunch of clearos though so looks like I'll have to press out the metal sleeve that is left on the one you included, but I don't think I'll have a problem with that, lol.

Once again, awesome work on this tank!

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Materials for the DIY's have been ordered. I will be running these hopefully Sat. as long as I can get a lathe freed up.

Senior Member ECF Veteran CDATundra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonboyusmc View Post
    Materials for the DIY's have been ordered. I will be running these hopefully Sat. as long as I can get a lathe freed up.
    Super Jonboy......If these are going to be the "mini's" I am going to want one or probably two. Can you put me on your list? Thanks

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Jonboy I am really enjoying my tank and def. want on the DIY list, I "need" a mini Jonboy tank.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Put me on the list as well. Also, jonboy, please post some pics so I can see the changes that you made to the top cap.
    Zenesis Mini #0119, AYS #0122, BAM #038, 490 Magnum TI #28, MFA, cObalt, Gunmetal Zen 2 Medius, Zen 2 Cartotank, Sidewinder(s), Provari/ZAP, Kayfun 3.1, & Kayfun Lite.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

jonboy, were you able to get the material that you posted pics of or are these kits going to be the black dylran like your pervious ones?
    Zenesis Mini #0119, AYS #0122, BAM #038, 490 Magnum TI #28, MFA, cObalt, Gunmetal Zen 2 Medius, Zen 2 Cartotank, Sidewinder(s), Provari/ZAP, Kayfun 3.1, & Kayfun Lite.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

'johnboy', finances permitting, I may be in the market for one of your DIY tanks too. Nice work.
    Smoke free and vaping since October 25, 2009

Started w/ 401, then 808, next Provari and Genisis mods.