JonboyUSMC's Lava Tanks - Page 5013
Like Tree95410Likes

Thread: JonboyUSMC's Lava Tanks

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CASEACE79 View Post
    Can't wait for everyone to get their tanks and start posting pics.
    Just want to thank the LavaCorp pros, for their assistance to us "newbies".

It was pretty wild last night, very intense!

I feel for those who didn't get a Lava Tank, but I guess that's what makes them even more special then simply how beautiful they are... the fact that you know, when you DO finally get one, that not everyone can simply go on the web and order one!

Patience!

Of course it's much easier to preach patience when you've lucked out.....

RIMP, Grammie, tyleris12 and 3 others like this.
    VaporShark DNA30
    Kayfun Lite +, Expromizer
    Squape Revisited

Super Member ECF Veteran Phreaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vicsan View Post
    Did he just boot my behind because of the previous PMs?
    I don't believe so. I think it was around 9:10CST that he said all previous PMs were null and void because of the server issues.
    Wolf, RIMP, Grammie and 3 others like this.

ECF Veteran

With 105 peeps trying for a tank, odds are you won't get one unfortunately. If you didn't get a PM, you didn't. Don't feel bad man. I have missed out twice out of 5 sales.
    I'm still trying to get over my nicotine headache I got last night! I must have vaped 10ml of juice and between that and my blood pressure going through the roof...my head STILL hurts. It was fun though!

The server crash really screwed me up though. I think I probably disqualified myself because I went ahead and sent the PM during the crash...couldn't tell if that went through, so between 9:00-9:04, I sent 4 more PMs because I didn't know the sale hadn't been launched and had no clue if the PMs went through! So when he changed it to 10:00, I sent the 10:00 PM at 10:01...Did he just boot my behind because of the previous PMs?

Anyway, it was fun. I shall return for more nicotine overdoses and headaches.
    Grammie and bliss12897 like this.

Sparky Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phreaker View Post
    I don't believe so. I think it was around 9:10CST that he said all previous PMs were null and void because of the server issues.
    Thank you! I must have missed that post in the frenzy at the time. Okay... Now I know I have to be faster than one minute...and put "any" as my third tank choice. And pray for no server crash! OMG...that was intense, to say the least.
    Wolf, RIMP, tyleris12 and 6 others like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran AlleyKat's Avatar

yeah... learning the "any" choice thing was vital info for the next attempt. & until then, well I have $45 to spend on trying to do my 1st mod build & more d.i.y. e-liquid supplies! heeheee! what flavors to try next?? being a newbie is such a fun lil adventure!
    Phreaker and cyndi like this.

Mistress Blabber Mouth Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling last night was my "lucky first try". You can bet I'll be trying again, but with more and more people sending PMs... , it certainly adds to the excitement. It really is just plain fun to try. I can't remember the last time I felt that kind of rush. I hope I still feel that way when I'm not successful.
    Wolf, Grammie, tyleris12 and 8 others like this.
    To be the same is to emerge no one

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MustangSallie View Post
    I have a feeling last night was my "lucky first try". You can bet I'll be trying again, but with more and more people sending PMs... , it certainly adds to the excitement. It really is just plain fun to try. I can't remember the last time I felt that kind of rush. I hope I still feel that way when I'm not successful.
    Yep I love the rush. Reminds me of playing cards in huge pots. I just tend to lose less money this way. Lol! Jk I'm actually a really good card player.

ECF Veteran

The server crash really screwed me up though. I think I probably disqualified myself because I went ahead and sent the PM during the crash...couldn't tell if that went through, so between 9:00-9:04, I sent 4 more PMs because I didn't know the sale hadn't been launched and had no clue if the PMs went through!
    vicsan
    what I can tell you is, I also send a PM, during the crash. Now... I didn't send 5 of them, but I did send just one, because my browser wasn't refreshing, and I was worried that I would miss out, so I figured I'd just send it and see what happened.

I then found out it was rescheduled, resubmitted a new PM at the rescheduled time after the post starting things, and I was lucky enough to win a Lava Tank.

So apparently (and rightly, in my opinion), Jon did NOT disqualify anyone who sent a PM early, he just ignored 'em.
    Wolf, Grammie, Sassy Sadie and 4 others like this.
    VaporShark DNA30
    Kayfun Lite +, Expromizer
    Squape Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    I've been a member here for almost 2 years, and I can tell you that anytime there is something very popular, like Jon's Lava tanks, sometimes it takes you 5 tries to get one.

Don't be upset, just be like that little ole ant and keep trying with high hopes and you'll get one!
    It took me 5 tries exactly. I was even on the tankless list for 3 of them (I got home too late to get my choices in, so got booted to the next list 2 times). Never posted 1 message bitching about it, just tried again the next time. Just sayin!!
    Wolf, Grammie, tyleris12 and 8 others like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran AlleyKat's Avatar

that was my understanding too...he just ignored the earlier 9pm-ish pm's