Art Glass Drip Tips - Page 3022
Like Tree425209Likes

Thread: Art Glass Drip Tips

Full Member Verified Member claud's Avatar

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...76848140_n.jpg

heres the donut I won tonight
    it was my first time, but have been looking/reading/admiring for a long time
    with the time difference its hard to catch a sale though

I would like to thank bert and freddy for their wonderfull work,
    and everybody who got 1....congrats!

but I have to say....shocking how some people react, they were so dissapointed and frustrated...
    at first I didnt want to post that I won 1, it just didnt seem right, I almost felt guilty
    but than I thought....its a nice thing that I won 1 (and even my first choice as well)
    it does feel like rubbing it in to show pics and be happy about it....its a shame that is has to be like that
    I totally understand the frustration, people have their hopes up and they get crushed

its a good thing that there will be other options to buy these in the near future
    theres just so many people who love these tips

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J**2 View Post
    How would allocating 20% of output to direct selling at higher prices to people who don't want to do the mad scramble thing and are willing to wait be detrimental ?

I certainly can repeatedly press F5 too. Is this the best way to grow sales ?

What happens when there are 100 people going after the tips? Or 200 or 500 or 1000.

It's not an either or type of question. It's being less rigid and serving the needs of more people.

My needs are different than yours. I respect your needs. Please Respect mine too !

Bert doesn't sell donuts elsewhere. if he did I would have bought one and skipped the rush. I participated because I am forced to. Please be more flexible.

Yes it IS about the donut. I want a HH 357 and I don't want hot juice in my mouth therefore I need a donut. I don't need a social club I need a tip.

GG, Provari, iatty2, DIY wannabe chef

Technically there is already a way to get tips without the mad scramble, there are resellers.

Donuts are a newer specialty, that is probably why they aren't at the resellers, the only way to get them is through patience and trying to get them just like everyone else. Maybe after enough are out there, he will make some for the resellers to sell, maybe he is just trying to get all his current customers taken care of 1st.

I only went for one donut in the sale and I didn't get it. I probably could have gone for another and gotten it instead, but it was only really that one that I had in my sights this round. So a few people got 2 or 3, I probably could have gotten one if I had gone for a different one, instead I chose to try and get my second choice tip instead of trying for a different donut, but there were still donuts showing when I was done with my purchase, I just didn't want a green or orange one so I decided to wait for the next sale and hope for the best.

I'm sure there are already over 100 people shopping Berts site during sale time, maybe more. They just don't all hang out on ECF so we don't know the whole count of shoppers.

I'm sure Bert tries his best to accommodate everyone as best as he can. He has had middle of the night sales for European customers, morning and afternoon sales for east coast customers, late evening sales for the west coast, sales on weekdays and on weekends. His wife even listed tips throughout the day before to let more people have a chance of getting one. This is all just to accommodate people in different time zones. He listens when we ask for certain colors or styles. He has the best customer service I have ever come across. He does all this while still working a full time job and having a life outside of work.

The people in this thread like the "social club". We enjoy each others company. We enjoy the product Bert shares with us. And yes, sometimes we all get a little frustrated in not getting the tip we wanted at a sale, but we know we'll have another chance, we know there are more to come. And this "social club" includes some of the best, most giving, kind-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. I have seen many people just GIVE a tip to someone having trouble getting one, people here picking up tips for those that couldn't be here, or had computer problems during a sale, people getting tips for people who don't do the internet at all, but want to share the wonderfulness that is a Trippy Tip.

Sleep is for people that can't handle insomnia induced hallucinations.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claud View Post
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...76848140_n.jpg

it was my first time, but have been looking/reading/admiring for a long time
    with the time difference its hard to catch a sale though

I would like to thank bert and freddy for their wonderfull work,
    and everybody who got 1....congrats!

but I have to say....shocking how some people react, they were so dissapointed and frustrated...
    at first I didnt want to post that I won 1, it just didnt seem right, I almost felt guilty
    but than I thought....its a nice thing that I won 1 (and even my first choice as well)
    it does feel like rubbing it in to show pics and be happy about it....its a shame that is has to be like that
    I totally understand the frustration, people have their hopes up and they get crushed

its a good thing that there will be other options to buy these in the near future
    theres just so many people who love these tips

CONGRATS!! This is your 1st tip?? It's awesome that you snagged a donut for your 1st

Yes, we have all had our frustrated moments, but don't take it to heart. For the most part, even those who complain are still happy for everyone else, and many of us have come back to apologize after having our outbursts of frustration. So be proud of the tip you got! Show it off all you want, we love to see pictures after the tips have gone to their new homes too

I'm still hoping to see my lost love, the purple haze donut, pop up in someones pictures lol. But no one has claimed that they got it yet.

G'night Trippyville, Luv ya all!! and I'll see ya tomorrow

Sleep is for people that can't handle insomnia induced hallucinations.

Alis volat propriis Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

LOL -- Now I feel like a heel for my complaints last night but I do feel they were valid concerns. I am happy for everyone who got a tip or a donut, and although I might be jealous I would not begrudge someone's good fortune. I am sorry for all of us who didn't get anything, or who feel like they "settled". It is what it is and it is not the end of the world. I do enjoy socializing with this great group very much!

I want to thank Bert for having the sale early enough so us east coasters weren't up half the night waiting on the GO!
    willowize, Fudgey and Delilah718 like this.
    Opt to adopt. Help stop the killing.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I strongly disagree with auction system.
    you think it's not fair now? with auction system all the highly prized tips will go to the person with the biggest purse.
    for alot of people they will have even less of a chance to grab the trippy of their choice this way.

all this crying over the donut... Bert had some seriously gorgeous non donuts up for sale tonight!

it's luck of the draw.

I'm on a 3mb dsl connection on my laptop that's around 5 years old on wifi.

it took over a minute to refresh the page to "all", then took another minute or two to add the tip to my cart, then took just as long trying to check out, then... I got a "timed out" notice.

I thought I lost out completely until I got email notification and realized my order went through.

talk about luck, yeah?

current system Bert has in place is fair. it gives everyone a chance to grab a particular trippy.

it's more rewarding this way in the end and makes the process fun and exciting.
    you'll cherish that trippy of choice more acquiring one in this method then just buying out right with big pile of green paper.

I mean no offence to anyone. I understand the frustration. been there many times before with other items that had similar buying system, but I think it's the best way to give everyone a fair shake at it.
    Last edited by Mainspring; 04-23-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Art Glass Drip Tips-yellowdonut.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by claud View Post
    Congratulations on beautiful donut

Name:  IhmeTrippy.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  4.9 KB
    Art Glass Drip Tips-ihme2.jpg

And congratulations to those lucky ones that got these two beauties

Still waiting for my OrangeDonut...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good morning Trippyville Thanks for another great sale last night Bert and Freddy Congrats to all that managed to get the Trippy they had dreamed about all day (((hugs))) to those that didnt. As long as there is more then one person that dreams about the same Trippy there is going to be a winner and someone disapointed. Its more then a bit sad to me that people are afriad to share which tips they managed to get for fear someone else will complain. Everyone thats been around Trippyville for a while has experienced disappointment in not getting the Trippy they wanted but also knows there will be more sales and more Trippy's they will love even more then the one that got away. A Trippy is only a drip tip folks, its not a matter of life and death.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

@ Kat
    "snip snip"

I agree with my darling and most of those who post here regularly..............
    Descent seems to come from those who just don't get it........
    Acquiring a Trippy Tip is not like acquiring a Cherry Vapes tip...so sorry for swearing
    They are not massed produced, they are handmade, they are each unique.... yack-ity yack...been said a kabillion times
    The competition for the new Tips is a Culture. Quite dynamic in my opinion. We all scramble when there is a sale and get what we can................then......
    Some beg for the tip of their choice.
    Some trade
    Some deal in the dark
    Some just gift the tip without cause
    Some horde and showoff
    Some help
    Some don't
    Kinda like your family, the good brother, the bad brother, the strict Mother, the jovial Father, the princess daughter and the weird sister who everyone is scared of

I suggest some stop whining and get to know the family ............... it'll change your perspective...........
    Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.....Timothy Leary

REO Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Morning Doc missed you last night Good morning Trippyland and Bring On the next sale

VVW Reo "Blaze", VVG Reo "Bling", Sexy 18490 Woodvil "Ebony", a Reo Mini,
    & a Reo Mini 2.0 all w/RM2's and Trippy Tips = Vaping Bliss

REO Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow its so quiet in here you could hear a mouse fart (probably a good thing after all that hollering from last nite) and with that I'm off to work

VVW Reo "Blaze", VVG Reo "Bling", Sexy 18490 Woodvil "Ebony", a Reo Mini,
    & a Reo Mini 2.0 all w/RM2's and Trippy Tips = Vaping Bliss