~The Billet BoX~ - Page 2
Page 2 of 1252 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast
Like Tree29154Likes

Thread: ~The Billet BoX~

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Really amazing design!!! I think these will have no problem selling.
    cigarbabe likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

2x16340 batts... What kind of battery life are you getting with these? Are they in series or parallel? How are you doing VV? I like the design on the box (and I am not a box mod person), almost hit buy, then saw the batts that are being used. I couldn't find anything on the website regarding how the VV is being done.
    The Vaper by Petar K, Orion, NGPs, Piccolo, "Pyrate", GGTS, ProVaris, Precious-L
    Z-atty-G ODY Spheroid DID-mini Lines A-2TM

ECF Veteran

Wowzers! The effort you've put into these is quite clear, I love them! It will be a small eternity before I can afford one of these babys but you've made a spot on my wish list for sure! I really really really want one! Well done! I wish you the best of luck!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Doug Dino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogers View Post
    2x16340 batts... What kind of battery life are you getting with these? Are they in series or parallel? How are you doing VV? I like the design on the box (and I am not a box mod person), almost hit buy, then saw the batts that are being used. I couldn't find anything on the website regarding how the VV is being done.
    Thanks for asking, was going to post about it before, but didn't want my first post to be to overwhelming.
    I go threw about 5ml of juice a charge with my AW 16340 cells with the dial at5.4 volt (the best sweet spot ever), so all day for me if i'm not chain vaping, one battery swap in the evening if I am hitting it like crazy (and I always take mega long draws). Little longer at 4 to 4.7, but less juice is vaped total.
    She takes two 3.7 16340 batteries, AW makes some great protected ones that work awesome. I designed around these batteries to keep the unit as short as possible, I have enough long mods. It is a bonus that RCR123A 3 volt batt's will work as well, but as most of these are made for digital cameras and such they just don't have the output current to fire a 3ohm coil more than about 4.8volts sustained. RCR123A are just fine for those that vape at the 4.7 sweet spot or lower, and they are also dirt cheap, like 3 bucks a cell at battery junction right now. The 16340 AW batteries are about 5 to 8 bucks a cell, and I don't think that's to bad at all considering how good they are. The batteries are in series.

The circuit uses an Ultra Low Drop Out regulator to control the voltage, this is nothing ground breaking but it is a simple proven method, and simple is what lasts the longest imho. I do a little algebra on each one to match the resistors to the pot's ohm range to keep the voltage ranges in check and lined up with the dial, and am throwing away any board with more than a +or- .06 volts accuracy. Consistency is near 100%, so the vapor you make with a set of ready to die batteries will be the exact same with a freshly charged set, or even different cell type. The circuit is ground operated, not control pin operated. The button has a throw of about 0.9mm before firing, and there is a soft tactical feel to the button as it engages. There is no on or off switch, as the unit is so small any switch would be harder to operate than it would be to just remove a battery... when it is off, (button not pushed) it is 100% off. That said i have never accidentally fired the billet box, i spent a lot of time on the button as this was made for me, so i cared a lot about how well it worked....
    Maker of the Billet Box..."destroyer of grapefruits"

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Doug Dino's Avatar

close up of the board,,,, super simple ("kinda")

AnilomNor and Peter_C like this.
    Maker of the Billet Box..."destroyer of grapefruits"

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Your Billet Box is outstandingly beautiful. I also couldn't help noticing your hands, holding it, I said to myself "these are hands that WORK!" (I always notice people's hands, and sort of have them categorized, you can tell a lot about people by looking at and touching their hands, where the callouses are, etc. )

anyway, sure, she does it all, but she is "glamourous" as all get-out, too. GASP! Quite!

Not suprised you got your shop guys off the stinkies with this gal, really, just an added bonus to the wonderfulness that is the Billet Box.

I truly have not seen anything this artfully designed that actually does a job, too!
    Last edited by Racehorse; 12-09-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    QueenofHearts and Cnew like this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Pink Spot Fanatic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow, an absolutely gorgeous exterior, bautiful interior revealing the voltage dial and ingenious built in tank and to top it all off, if you dig deep you see she's a power baby with everything you need to give you the perfect Vape all day long! I have just one simple box mod and thought I was all set and happy with my tube mods but the Billet Box has blown me away! She is one seriously sweet looking Box Mod! Nice work.
    Welcome To ECF New Vapers!

ECF Veteran

Thank you for the further details Doug Dino!
    The Vaper by Petar K, Orion, NGPs, Piccolo, "Pyrate", GGTS, ProVaris, Precious-L
    Z-atty-G ODY Spheroid DID-mini Lines A-2TM

ECF Veteran

Looks great Doug. Very nicely done. The interior looks so nice, you almost hate to cover it up with the outer shell.

Wow, this box looks great...and come up with some original solutions such as the integrated tank!!Really interesting!!!