PDIB's Making MODs! - Page 3
Page 3 of 1403 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
Like Tree94414Likes

Thread: PDIB's Making MODs!

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

Gdeal! Also, to you, my heartfelt gratitude! I will add to my above thanks; the suggestions, feedback, and research of the beta-test gang! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinyFatMan View Post
    First off, Gongrats on a new business pdib! They look fantastic and look like just what I've been waiting for (a vmod hole on a more contemporary style wood mod). I'm sure you'll sell a ton of them.

Second, how are the squonk holes on those? They look a bit small, but that could just be the large fingers by them. Are they the same size as on the vmod?

Questions: Is the bottle size 6ml or 10ml? If I ordered one sooner rather than later, would I get able to get one with a slightly bigger squonk hole? If we want a stabilized wood one (if that would even be an option), do we have to send you a block ourselves, or can you just adjust that into the price?

PS: Tax returns will be coming in soon. I want one!!!
    Hello, SFM! How ya' been?

So, the hole is 22mm tall (~7/8").

I would make one with a bigger hole, if need be. It happens pretty early in the process, so I'd want to know ahead of time. FYI, were the hole any taller, it would expose parts of the bottle that you wouldn't want to squonk.

6ml

For now, stabilized is #1 you get dims from me and tell me you're thinking about it. #2 you source it, buy it, ship it (to me direct is fine) #3 although I'm not in the habit of FUBARing things, it could happen, and then it's your risk, your loss on the cost of that piece of material. (there, now doesn't that sound inviting? )

I do want to pursue providing stabilized in the future; but it seems the varieties are massive, people's tastes are very specific, and I've had plenty of other (more urgent) sourcing, designing, supply acquisition, and plain ol' thinkin' to do.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pdib View Post
    Hello, SFM! How ya' been?

So, the hole is 22mm tall (~7/8").

I would make one with a bigger hole, if need be. It happens pretty early in the process, so I'd want to know ahead of time. FYI, were the hole any taller, it would expose parts of the bottle that you wouldn't want to squonk.

6ml

For now, stabilized is #1 you get dims from me and tell me you're thinking about it. #2 you source it, buy it, ship it (to me direct is fine) #3 although I'm not in the habit of FUBARing things, it could happen, and then it's your risk, your loss on the cost of that piece of material. (there, now doesn't that sound inviting? )
    I've been awesome and am still rocking the Mother of Board door that you sent!

That hole size is good enough for me. If it's big enough to fit my thumb in, it's big enough to squeeze through.

What size block of wood do I need to source? Do you (or anyone else here) have a good place to get stabilized wood, preferably in blue like this?
    PDIB's Making MODs!-swbeb-2t.jpg
    I'm still waiting for the point when this starts to save me money. Until then, I'm getting more Dibi OliveR's!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Absolutely beautiful. Sounds like they're vaping great as well. Super jazzed for you
    Caravela #58, Caravela "Vwls" (AKA "My Little Miracle"), Nau Prototype xx7, Dibi OlivR #54, Hellfire Hybrid V3, Nemesis with 3D, Provari Mini, Red Copper LE Stingray, etc...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

OMG - pdib

I gotta have one of those. Where do I sign up?

Aha! My muse! Vwls is directly responsible for all this . . .. this . . . this mOdness! It was she, after all, who suggested that I design a mod. (I think she had something a bit more innovative, elegant and worldly in mind; but ya' know, sometimes a girl's just gotta settle . . . .. tee-hee)
    Last edited by pdib; 01-09-2014 at 03:13 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Waiting for a block of this to come in!

cecsystems, pdib, kljoki and 5 others like this.
    Caravela #58, Caravela "Vwls" (AKA "My Little Miracle"), Nau Prototype xx7, Dibi OlivR #54, Hellfire Hybrid V3, Nemesis with 3D, Provari Mini, Red Copper LE Stingray, etc...

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Aha! My muse! Vwls is directly responsible for all this . . .. this . . . this mOdness! It was she, after all, who suggested that I design a mod. (I think she had something a bit more innovative, elegant and worldly involved; but ya' know, sometimes a girl's just gotta settle . . . .. tee-hee)
    I know genius when I 'see' it Missed my true calling as a talent scout.

New word: "mOdness."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Aha! My muse! Vwls is directly responsible for all this . . .. this . . . this mOdness! It was she, after all, who suggested that I design a mod. (I think she had something a bit more innovative, elegant and worldly involved; but ya' know, sometimes a girl's just gotta settle . . . .. tee-hee)
    Now I know what "Vwls got wood" was all about.
    I had a hunch, but sometimes stalking leads to questions I just don't want to ask.
    pdib, SkinyFatMan, malkuth and 3 others like this.
    Danth’s / Parkers Law “If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly.”