PDIB's Making MODs! - Page 4
Page 4 of 1403 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast
Like Tree94414Likes

Thread: PDIB's Making MODs!

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran pdib's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Puppy View Post
    OMG - pdib

I gotta have one of those. Where do I sign up?
    hey, changed the name, huh? I was just getting used to not being able to mentally sound out the last one. (dunno why, it was pretty straightforward) Good to see a fellow Warshingtah.

. . . . .. sign up? . . . . .. oh. I don't know. Didn't think about that. Well, given that I'm only capable of making so many (not that many) in so much time (some bit of time), I guess, by default, it's first come first serve . . .. . PM me please, X-Pup, and I'll put that PM into a folder, which will establish the order of interested parties (as it will display PMs by date).

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

When given the chance to grab what the Wizard of sub ohms bottom feeding was vaping, you best believe I jumped on it; me who don't know a fuse from a set screw.

I told Pdib that if it was point and shoot; I do know how to meter my coils and what to do in case of a short etc… I was in dire need of a sub ohms bottom feeder and wanted in…

What I didn't know was what an artist with the spalted and otherwise beautiful wood he is.
    The ergonomics of this mod is efficient; more along the body lines of a Vmod than a Grand; how it fits in the hand, but more solid than the plastic Vmod. These are hand made, and impressive.

I love how the top and bottom base comes right off with a flick yet the magnets hold surprisingly true.
    If you want to set the screw in the bottom base and not pop it off, you can, since you not only fill the bottle from the top, but you can change out batts from the top too.
    The juice tube is very resilient and how the whole bottle / 510 connector comes out with the top base, refilling is easy and mess free.

Yep all those design factors work…

and main thing, this is not your ecf vet's bottom feeder, it is a pocket rocket that consistently and efficiently powers those sub ohms micro coils through bottle after bottle of your favorite juice. lol.

edit; now i can put this on my sig… but what is called? I've been asking….
    Last edited by ukeman; 01-09-2014 at 03:53 AM.
    NBNeme-LP/SLReoGrand-RaptureRaptor120w-DreamBox120w-Ranger50w-DNA30-Flask40
    Magma b/f,AchillesTi,Prometey2Ti/EclipseTi-Erlkonign-Origen b/f-BigBenTi/GryphonTi
    Mr Miyagi, BamskiLychee,Pencil,Uke'sTropicalPunch

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Mundy View Post
    Now I know what "Vwls got wood" was all about. I had a hunch, but sometimes stalking leads to questions I just don't want to ask.
    LOL I can only imagine the things that were going through your head.
    ♥❄♥ ¸.•*´ ♡♥ ❇ ★ ♡♥ ☆ `*•.¸ ♥❄♥ •*♡ ♥❄♥¸.•*

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ok, all you first of the liners that got yours already cough up your pictures!
    pdib, SkinyFatMan, malkuth and 3 others like this.
    Danth’s / Parkers Law “If you have to insist that you've won an internet argument, you've probably lost badly.”

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've never cared for wood mods as they always look a bit clunky and cheap but I MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE!!! Where do I send my deposit to hold one????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

| Reo Grand w/ RM2 | Sigelei SS Zmax V2.5 | iSeason | Kayfun & Nemesis clones|

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Mine is at the bottom just above Pdib's #0001 proto… with all that lovely copper, which looks like a decorative band from the side but is a plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdib View Post
    . . . . .

and my little prototype ended up being mine. It's my all-day every-day . . . .

as a testament to his wood work, that cracky spalting is virtually indistinguishable in hand; its smooth as a baby's bottom.
    NBNeme-LP/SLReoGrand-RaptureRaptor120w-DreamBox120w-Ranger50w-DNA30-Flask40
    Magma b/f,AchillesTi,Prometey2Ti/EclipseTi-Erlkonign-Origen b/f-BigBenTi/GryphonTi
    Mr Miyagi, BamskiLychee,Pencil,Uke'sTropicalPunch

Quote Originally Posted by ukeman View Post
    When given the chance to grab what the Wizard of sub ohms bottom feeding was vaping, you best believe I jumped on it; me who don't know a fuse from a set screw.

I told Pdib that if it was point and shoot; I do know how to meter my coils and what to do in case of a short etc… I was in dire need of a sub ohms bottom feeder and wanted in…

What I didn't know was what an artist with the spalted and otherwise beautiful wood he is.
    The ergonomics of this mod is efficient; more along the body lines of a Vmod than a Grand; how it fits in the hand, but more solid than the plastic Vmod. These are hand made, and impressive.

I love how the top and bottom base comes right off with a flick yet the magnets hold surprisingly true.
    If you want to set the screw in the bottom base and not pop it off, you can, since you not only fill the bottle from the top, but you can change out batts from the top too.
    The juice tube is very resilient and how the whole bottle / 510 connector comes out with the top base, refilling is easy and mess free.

Yep all those design factors work…

and main thing, this is not your ecf vet's bottom feeder, it is a pocket rocket that consistently and efficiently powers those sub ohms micro coils through bottle after bottle of your favorite juice. lol.

edit; now i can put this on my sig… but what is called? I've been asking….
    Uke, thanks man! (another beta-man). I'll add to the above mentioned list of thank you thoughts: patience and understanding. (all these apply to all y'all beta boys)

Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    LOL I can only imagine the things that were going through your head.
    I know what was going through my head when I wrote that!!!!

("I'll make a folder in pho-buck to show Vwls some wood samples", I said to myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Datalux View Post
    I've never cared for wood mods as they always look a bit clunky and cheap but I MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE!!! Where do I send my deposit to hold one????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Thank you, good Sir.

No deposits accepted, as I don't need the liability just yet. When they're done, they're for sale. Custom requests accepted, attempted; but no promises made. Just a sincere effort and a pure mind . . . .. . (hah!)

Datalux, if you want to PM me, I'll put you on the "first called out, first called up" list.
    Last edited by pdib; 01-09-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Pdib might as well put me on the list..... And can you pm me with the pricing for the purple heart one? Or just one made with Purple Heart? It will match my mod stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alexander Mundy and Gigdujour like this.