Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Easy OKR-T VV mod

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

All day is good
    FREE eJuice Calculator mix Nic strengths and flavor recipes. Recipes included. Mod Building

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I take that back... It just quit on me and I gotta replace the batts. Definitely recommend having 4 batts on hand to switch out while charging.
    3/4 of a day using 1.25ohm dual coils.
    3/4 to 1 day using 1.5ohm dual coils.
    Little over a day using 2.0ohm carto
    guessing a day and a half using standard 2.7ohm carto

Also I vape pretty heavily. Pretty much non stop all day. A less heavy vaper will probably get a lot better life out of it. =]

Of course the higher ohm cartos I use higher volatage which reduces the vape time some =]

PV Master* ECF Veteran Gummy Bear's Avatar

That's not bad time at all.
    I go through two 18650s per day at 4.5 volts and a 3.2 ohm CE2. That was with the other chip that had caps. and I still don't know about this one yet.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I wish the 14500's where more than 900mah.

Like I had said in another post, I get 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours of vape time with one 14500, 900mah on a 04050c and caps. Before the caps I got 4 hours.
    Last edited by breaktru; 05-27-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    FREE eJuice Calculator mix Nic strengths and flavor recipes. Recipes included. Mod Building

ECF Veteran

The nice thing about this setup is that you can use any 3.7V batteries your mod will fit.
    The weller body I have is only AA size so I was limited to the 14500 batteries. I have already started looking for something to mod with bigger batteries. My ultimate goal is to have a hand size mod that will run all week without touching anything. Including a juice feeder with 30ml bottle. =] (did I say hand held, I must have meant man portable backpack sized.)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Great diagram, but I have 2 questions.

- This is a regulator, not a booster, right? You have to have 2 batts in series?

- Every pot I have seen has 3 legs, but every diagram I have seen with a separate pot wired in, only uses 2 legs.
    What is the third leg for?

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VpnDrgn View Post
    Great diagram, but I have 2 questions.

- This is a regulator, not a booster, right? You have to have 2 batts in series?

- Every pot I have seen has 3 legs, but every diagram I have seen with a separate pot wired in, only uses 2 legs.
    What is the third leg for?
    This is a variable switching regulator with two batteries in series.

The 3 legs are so you can decide which direction of turn does what. If you use the left two the resistance increases with clockwise rotation. If you use the right two the resistance decreases with clockwise rotation. If you use the outer two you get the max resistance without variance. Of course this is dependent on which way you are looking at the device =]

ECF Veteran

And if you connect the unused pin to the center you prevent the possibility of an open circuit if the pot fails. It will then default to the max resistance.

Vpn, you asked somewhere about the genisis being a juice hog. Not sure which thread, but for me, I haven't noticed a difference in 6 months. I'm still at 2ml/day but the quality and quantity of vapor has increased.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bstedh View Post
    The 3 legs are so you can decide which direction of turn does what. If you use the left two the resistance increases with clockwise rotation. If you use the right two the resistance decreases with clockwise rotation. If you use the outer two you get the max resistance without variance. Of course this is dependent on which way you are looking at the device =]
    OK - More resistance means less voltage?
    Why would you want max resistance with no variance?
    That means not adjustable right? Why have a pot at all?
    Why is there a resistor on the pot? Does that change the range?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by asdaq View Post
    Vpn, you asked somewhere about the genisis being a juice hog. Not sure which thread, but for me, I haven't noticed a difference in 6 months. I'm still at 2ml/day but the quality and quantity of vapor has increased.
    Thanks Asdaq, I thought I remembered somebody saying it used more juice, somewhere in the labyrinth of Raidy's post.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)