Build my own E-pipe...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Build my own E-pipe...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Build my own E-pipe...

So I was talking with a non-vaping/non-smoking friend of mine yesterday and the topic of custom pipes came up. He offered to carve me a custom pipe to make a PV out of. I love Matt's from epipes, but could never really afford to get me one, so this sounds like a great idea. Anyway, we talked about size and what not and settled on a shape. I am going to use the connection from an old dead ego, an 18350, and possibly a new switch unless I can find a way to use the one from the ego. So that leads to my question/cry for guidance.

I have a very basic understanding of electronics and am fairly proficient with soldering iron, but I am not sure exactly how everything should be wired up. Anyone willing to offer up a diagram or point me to a similar mod tutorial...

Thoughts, comments, and anything that may help is greatly appreciated. I hope to chronicle the build on this thread as it goes on...
    meh.

ECF Veteran

Bump - Been looking at different mods and their battery setups. Am a tad bit disappointed no one has offered any feedback. Not sure if its loyalty to Matt and epipemods and the thought I may be some sort of threat. I assure you I am not. I don't have the time, resources or know how, not to mention Matt is an artist and his pipes are exquisite. (Did I spell that right?)

Anyway, my friends has started carving, and I continue to research circuits and sketch ideas. I am thinking it will have an eGO connection, touch switch, and be powered by an 18350... Will hopefully be adding some pictures as I progress, and as always feedback, suggestions and comments are appreciated...
    Last edited by pseudus; 11-06-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
    meh.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Cant wait to see it ! I've thought about doing this as well.

Keep me posted...

Neon

ECF Veteran

Adding post for my own reference threads:

Semi-Repost ePipe mod <- Another Epipe Build

How can you even use the smallest switch <- Touch Switch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Rt_VLXkomf0# <- Matt's Dragon Video...
    Last edited by pseudus; 11-07-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    meh.

I can't offer much in the ways of help coz I lack the skills and know how to build anything like that, but I would love to see what the finished design looks like.
    I have been wanting to get me a good pipe but I can't afford it either at the moment. I'm very interested in seeing how your project turns out. Best of luck.
    romaniac likes this.

ECF Veteran

Here are a few pics so far....

pipe002a.jpgpipe002.jpgpipe003.jpgpipe0001.jpg
    meh.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Wow! That looks sharp! keep it up.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Neon

Da Catt Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That looks awesome pseudos, sorta corn cob pipe like

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Support CASAA, I do ... Cotton Wick Wiki ... PV Web Apps
    VAMO, Saber Touch, ACDC, Puck, L-Rider Robust, iMotion, Desktop Mod
    Yo Way Yo

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have been thinking of putting an epipe together (for personal use) as well, I am tempted to try my first touch switch mod at the same time, I am thinking it would be easier to use the jazz cartopipe drilled side hole for the positive contact than making a full separate cap like epipemods do.

Probably be a month before I get around to it I am currently shopping pipes for one with a large enough bowl for an 18350 and a thick enough wall I can run a very small brass screw or rod for the current (oh and something cheap so I can mess up one before I get it right) Probably try putting the button on the stem doing the solder before I push everything into the body....

anyway good luck with yours hope you put out a great DIY guide before I get started

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast