Ya know with diy joose and cotton wicks and nichrome/kanthal wire being as cheap as it is, I think all the modders should give themselves a big hand/high5 for getting to this point. We took something that was only supplied by vendors. atties/cartos and kept at it until we could make our own for next to nothing.
Cheers to all who have gone this route.
Last edited by blackwater; 08-03-2012 at 03:50 AM.
GGTS, Penelope, Ody. Chris Westerman - Owner/Producer - Blackwater Sound and Mastering www.blackwatersound.com
Also, does anyone know what might cause that hint of weird taste I got when I tried it that I mentioned from my previous post from above? I didn't see any replies so just figured I'd try again.
Thanks for any and all help\info..
My cool banner don't work no more, oh well Quit Smoking May 2010 and haven't looked back since thanks to Vaping!
Ok Ed, I'll give it a shot.
From what I could see the wick you got should be alright. I can't say if anybody else has used it.
The weird taste could be from a dirty coil wire, joose or the cotton wick or some flavor transference from your fingers while handling the wick.I put joose on my wick before I even touch it.
After that the best help I can give you is to make sure your wick is saturated with joose and start out with the lowest voltage you possibly can.
Are you getting the carpet/rug taste? Does it go away after a while?
I'm not sure ED, that's the one I'm using. I'm not getting weird taste or anything strange happening with it. I found no break in time at all in this wick and the flavor was spot on from the first time I fired the coil. I caught a hint of a burned taste when I drained my tank for the first time. I didn't realize it had used everything to the last drop lol. Pulled it apart, no burn marks on wick, refilled with juice and no burned taste.
I boiled mine for roughly 30 minutes to start and expected to see a bunch of stuff on top of the water. I did not see anything of note on top of the water after a 30 minute boil but I flushed the pot with cold water instead of pulling the wick out to make sure.
With the "expensive" stuff it's like 12-15 cents to rebuild one of these including the cost of the wire. Truthfully I'd spend 10 dollars to rebuild these if it was healthier. It's just a benefit that the natural fibre is much cheaper and is also probably better for you.
Personally I'm just much more comfortable using a fibre my lungs can expel as opposed to something that would stay in them for ever.