AGA-T/Paps Hybrid easy as pie...
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 161
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: AGA-T/Paps Hybrid easy as pie...

  1. #1
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    studiovap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    637

    Default AGA-T/Paps Hybrid easy as pie...

    Here it is folks take two AGA-Ts use the top plates of both and the extra silicone grommets (you will work out where to put these), plug a few holes (do this well if you don't want juice in your battery tube) reverse the positive pin, shim with washers to adjust for battery fit, and bob's your mother's uncle

    18650 Mode




    18350 Mode



    The guts

    Last edited by studiovap; 01-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.

  2. #2
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    poland, and the brassy lands of google
    Posts
    4,357

    Default

    I see what you did there, pretty clever. I guess Aga-T's are just too cheap, using two in one mod.
    studiovap likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    rcbell.N51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Looks really nice. May need to pick up a second AGA-T and give this a try. Did you use 1 AGA-T and 1 AGA-T+? Just wondering why the top top cap doesn't have the knurling.

  4. #4
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    studiovap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcbell.N51 View Post
    Looks really nice. May need to pick up a second AGA-T and give this a try. Did you use 1 AGA-T and 1 AGA-T+? Just wondering why the top top cap doesn't have the knurling.
    AGA t for both parts. I removed the knurling on one of my AGA ts, but not on the other.
    May get round to it on this, but it would create a slight ledge where it meets the Paps, so I just polished the remaining knurling for now.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    rcbell.N51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Personally, I'd leave it like it is. It works with the knurling around the fire button on the Paps (doesn't exactly match but still looks good). I know you didn't, but I'm assuming this little mod would work with and AGA-T and T+ though, which I think I'll try. I'd prefer the o-ring seated top cap of the T+ to the screw on of the standard T.

  6. #6
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    studiovap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcbell.N51 View Post
    Personally, I'd leave it like it is. It works with the knurling around the fire button on the Paps (doesn't exactly match but still looks good). I know you didn't, but I'm assuming this little mod would work with and AGA-T and T+ though, which I think I'll try. I'd prefer the o-ring seated top cap of the T+ to the screw on of the standard T.
    Yep, should work with bottom agat and top agat+ or agat2.

  7. #7
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    gdeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ( -_-) Ω~
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    Nice! It looks like the tank is integrated into the Paps. Very Sleek.

    How does this effect the height of the positive post in atty? Higher/Lower/Same?
    studiovap likes this.

  8. #8
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Salt&PePPer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by studiovap View Post
    Here it is folks take two AGA-Ts use the top plates of both and the extra silicone grommets (you will work out where to put these), plug a few holes (do this well if you don't want juice in your battery tube) reverse the positive pin, shim with washers to adjust for battery fit, and bob's your mother's uncle

    18650 Mode




    18350 Mode



    The guts

    It's suppose to be "Bob's your Uncle" and sometime they say "Robert is your Mother's Brother" - so I think you got the two mashed up confusered!

  9. #9
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    poland, and the brassy lands of google
    Posts
    4,357

    Default

    Studio, are all four holes threaded in that cap? You certainly have options for filling and cleaning.

  10. #10
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    BuzzKilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    nice.... do they still sell these with the threaded tops?

    Links?

    I got a Caravela coming in, and I'm sure the threads are the same as the PAPS

    Some solder in those holes, would make that bottom 100% leak proof
    studiovap likes this.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks