Puffy the vaporizer slayer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puffy the vaporizer slayer

Senior Member Verified Member spookyluke's Avatar

Cool Puffy the vaporizer slayer

I think that there should be something better. What about creating a vape hive mind and task force. Like what is really needed? Compu tech engineer. Electrical engineer. Technical fabrication engineer. Tool maker. And then what? A knowledgeable bunch of vapers. Lay out specs. Fine tune tolerances. Eliminate tolerances. Oh and one of those engineers that make .... look good? Industrial design Engineer?

i see people going on about hoe great this and that is. i think there are enough minds and skills and knowledge of great vaping in this community to change the world of vaping.

maybe we could make a start?

the vape super hero, so to speak.

so i put out a open invite.
    starting from the ground up.
    what does everyone want?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you go to the mod or DIY forums you will discover an abundance of vape minds. There are chemists, engineers and just about every other profession you can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Traver View Post
    If you go to the mod or DIY forums you will discover an abundance of vape minds. There are chemists, engineers and just about every other profession you can think of.
    I thought I posted this thread in the modding forum?

What do I want???

900Hz
    Rms for vv
    Sub ohm friendly
    Smart vw
    Small, light, indestructible.
    Aesthetically has to be unique enough to be instantly recognisable. But modest in a smart simple way so as not to clash with peoples personal aesthetics.

PV Master ECF Veteran WarHawk-AVG's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Then be able to mass produce it for under $100

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it"
    "A vaper without a multi-meter, is like a Mechanic without a wrench"

Quote Originally Posted by WarHawk-AVG View Post
    Then be able to mass produce it for under $100
    yeah that's the plan! except it would require considering that thing, whats it called where people think its better and want/desire/lust it more when it is in the higher price range? that creates a huge emotional investment before the consumer even gets the product. but yes, to really execute the plan would be to create the true hero "PUFFY the VApe-eMPIRE SLAYER" it should be for the good of the public.

if it wasn't possible there would be a lot less throw away junk on the market that people actually buy until they find out a little more and get a APV or MECH. to me it seems there are tons of APV's and MECH's with very little differences in their field aside from the looks of the battery tube. so heaps of people can and have done such things.

and i'm not against provari's and REO's... cant say many people have any reason to be, I want to be on their side . I don't want to create a monster to send into battle. I want to accelerate the evoloution, or start a revolution. or something....

well does anyone get it?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by spookyluke View Post
    I thought I posted this thread in the modding forum?
    Sorry I didn't look.
    I hope your plan works. The top coil CE Cartomizers and a few other things were developed by people working together on this forum. So a sense there is a precedent for your plan.

Well, I like your thoughts. I've made lots of plans to make a few mods myself, either use a little micro controller with a program stored in it that has all of the functions that all other APVs already have, and maybe more if I could think of any. Personally, as I have thought about it a lot, I think a VV mod that does NOT have a micro controller in it would possibly be more durable. I envision a little wooden box mod that looks somewhat like an old radio tuner, with a few little knobs (for analog variable-voltage, maybe a potentiometer to add resistance to your coils), and a little analog voltage meter (like the old battery testers have with the little needle) that would show you exactly how much voltage your battery is supplying at that moment instead of a 7-seg led display where the voltage displayed is NOT the voltage your battery is supplying. Shouldn't be that difficult, just need a good 510/ego connector for the atty, and the rest could be as high quality as you can afford. Someone here had pointed out once that using an old co-axial BNC adapter would be better for attys, I agree, no threads to wear on. If you like the functionality of these micro controller APVs, I'm sure there's someone out there who's written some programs to make one from an Arduino or a Raspberry-Pi. I still think that going analog (no-microcontrollers) would be more dependable.

Quote Originally Posted by RudeBoy007 View Post
    Well, I like your thoughts. I've made lots of plans to make a few mods myself, either use a little micro controller with a program stored in it that has all of the functions that all other APVs already have, and maybe more if I could think of any. Personally, as I have thought about it a lot, I think a VV mod that does NOT have a micro controller in it would possibly be more durable. I envision a little wooden box mod that looks somewhat like an old radio tuner, with a few little knobs (for analog variable-voltage, maybe a potentiometer to add resistance to your coils), and a little analog voltage meter (like the old battery testers have with the little needle) that would show you exactly how much voltage your battery is supplying at that moment instead of a 7-seg led display where the voltage displayed is NOT the voltage your battery is supplying. Shouldn't be that difficult, just need a good 510/ego connector for the atty, and the rest could be as high quality as you can afford. Someone here had pointed out once that using an old co-axial BNC adapter would be better for attys, I agree, no threads to wear on. If you like the functionality of these micro controller APVs, I'm sure there's someone out there who's written some programs to make one from an Arduino or a Raspberry-Pi. I still think that going analog (no-microcontrollers) would be more dependable.
    I like your analog circuitry idea but that does make for a bulky device? Not something that everyone would want.

http://sigbanner.e-cigarette-forum.c...5D%5B%2FURL%5D

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Some tall orders coming in here, just some input on a few points:

I think a VV mod that does NOT have a micro controller in it would possibly be more durable.
    I'd say both are equally durable, it depends on how the circuit is protected.

maybe a potentiometer to add resistance to your coils
    This decreases the efficiency of the circuit and is not needed if VV/VW.

and a little analog voltage meter (like the old battery testers have with the little needle)
    I've looked and these don't come small, there has to be a box large enough for the needle to move and they are quite thick too.

whats it called where people think its better and want/desire/lust it more when it is in the higher price range?
    I think they call it "Apple"

that creates a huge emotional investment before the consumer even gets the product
    Like calling it an "Eco-mod" or a "Crafts-mod", hehe.

Sorry if this seems to be biting criticism here, but I'm just playing devil's advocate and feeling a bit of Neo-Realism today. No harm intended, carry on.
    ....Busy Baking a Brass Brownie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast