Airflow vent mod for Protank 1 & 2 - improves Provari draw and any other flush-top mods
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattborkin

Thread: Airflow vent mod for Protank 1 & 2 - improves Provari draw and any other flush-top mods

Default Airflow vent mod for Protank 1 & 2 - improves Provari draw and any other flush-top mods

Hey all,

I went into my local Vape shop here in Detroit to upgrade from a Smoktech Gravity Triple Threat to a Provari 2.5... When they noticed that I used a Protank 1 and Protank 2 as my primary tanks, they told me about a base-plate mod that they offer.

Since the Provari has a flush head (no air venting), they said that the airflow vent slots on the Protanks are not deep enough to achieve desirable airflow - causing increased draw pressure, possible flooding, less vape, etc.

So, for $7 outright, or $4 if I traded for my non-modded base, they sell these modified Protank bases. They said a local customer makes them for them. It appears that he simply machines/bores them out a little deeper. Buy hey, better him than me!

I picked one up, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I had no idea what I was missing. I bought the last modded base. The replenish them weekly - I'll have to grab a few more.

I've attached some hi-res pics to help you better see the modification.

Thanks for reading,

Matt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mattborkin; 11-22-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: notification
    RandomFellow likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member RandomFellow's Avatar

Which shop?

Ultra Member Verified Member KurrptSenate's Avatar

Could you pick some of them up and have us buy them from you?

This sounds fantastic. I wish I had the tools to do this myself

Hey all,

Sorry about the delay. The store is Vaporcraft in Clawson, MI - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vapor...345217?fref=ts

I wish I could help with buying them, but I am so busy I wouldn't be reliable. Hah. They may ship. Give them a buzz....

Thanks,

Matt!

Drilling the 3 small holes on the 510 connection also improves air flow

Sent from this thing using that thing