Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RapidGrapher
  • 2 Post By Vapant

Thread: BF 510 connector hole diameter

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default BF 510 connector hole diameter

Anyone know the inner diameter of these bottom feeding 510 connectors from madvapes?

510 Battery Connector, Gold, Large Hole

I'm talking about the diameter of the "large hole" through the center post. I'm lining up some ss hypodermic tubing to run into the bottom and I'm hoping to get it just a hair too large so I can press fit it into the connector (hopefully without leaking).

Feel free to post alternative suggestions for BF design at the positive post. I don't have a bottom feeder yet and HRH won't approve $100+ for yet another mod but little pieces and parts for building my own are fine so I'm about to get in over my head (never having even laid hands on a BF).

Full Member Verified Member

i measured with my calipers and it came out to 2.02-2.03mm. you can always try getting an interference fit by putting your tubing/needle in the freezer and the hollow center post in the oven for a bit before pressing together to make things easier.
    onjre likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Awesome thanks for the info.

I flared one end end of my feed tube (16gauge filling needle) and glued it in place.

onjre and BJ43 like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vapant View Post
    I flared one end end of my feed tube (16gauge filling needle) and glued it in place.

Haha I have seen these pictures before in a Google image search. Good stuff. I ordered 14 guage tubing last night but I hadn't thought about flaring the tubing. What do you use to flare it? I have used a flaring tool for break lines but they're aluminum and pretty easy to work with... Not to mention much bigger diameter.

I just used a round needle file, part inserted it at an angle and worked it around in a circle until I could feel a burr.
    It didn't take long to stop it falling through the hole.

I glued it in place with a tiny bit of regular superglue (cyanoacrylate), then I soldered the brass part which fixed the tube in place with rosin.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vapant View Post
    I just used a round needle file, part inserted it at an angle and worked it around in a circle until I could feel a burr.
    It didn't take long to stop it falling through the hole.

I glued it in place with a tiny bit of regular superglue (cyanoacrylate), then I soldered the brass part which fixed the tube in place with rosin.
    Oh that's easy. We'll see what needs to be done when the parts actually get here. I may try this flaring method to make sure it's really snug in there.