My latest mod is a whopping 10400mah @3.7v
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By atomizer mizer
  • 1 Post By CplMajor

Thread: My latest mod is a whopping 10400mah @3.7v

Senior Member ECF Veteran atomizer mizer's Avatar

Default My latest mod is a whopping 10400mah @3.7v

I panicked this morning when my last battery started to die on me. I pulled out the soldering gun and a few spare parts and came up with this. It actually pulls a strong cloud of juice considering it's primitive appearance and dangerous bare wires. The battery pack fits well in my shirt pocket and if I am leaning back in my chair the switch and tank don't bounce around. Strictly for computer desk\chair use.

I hope no one takes this mod as a serious design. It should only be used where fire insurance has been purchased.

PE060556.jpg

PE050552.jpg

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh gosh, I'm really not sure what to say about this....

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Are these Sony cells by chance from a spent laptop pack? I hear your caution of "don't try this at home", but would underscore this with the impression of a snail without it's shell or maybe a PSA for not smoking in bed....

Since you want this for in a chair or in front of a PC, why not get/build a passthrough?
    ....Busy Baking a Brass Brownie

Super Member Verified Member

Now here is a safer setup for you with a 10,000 mAh battery supply. Use one of these Mini eGo USB Passthrough - MyFreedomSmokes.com attached to one of these Fost 10000mAh Battery Power Charger Bank for iPhone 4 4S 5 5c 5S iPad 2 Outputs | eBay or you can plug it into a USB wall outlet or even a car lighter system with USB. Variable voltage with settings at 3.2, 3.7, 4.2 and 4.7 provided the USB port has the output for 4.7 volts which not all do. All of mine do except for 1 of my 3 laptop usb ports.

Da Catt Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Bring on the Vapepocalypse! We don' care!

Support CASAA, I do ... Cotton Wick Wiki ... PV Web Apps
    VAMO, Saber Touch, ACDC, Puck, L-Rider Robust, iMotion, Desktop Mod
    Yo Way Yo

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

love it!!!!

this is Mexican pesos not dollars! | last cigarette february 28 2013

Ultra Member Verified Member Maurice Pudlo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atomizer mizer View Post
    I panicked this morning when my last battery started to die on me. I pulled out the soldering gun and a few spare parts and came up with this. It actually pulls a strong cloud of juice considering it's primitive appearance and dangerous bare wires. The battery pack fits well in my shirt pocket and if I am leaning back in my chair the switch and tank don't bounce around. Strictly for computer desk\chair use.

I hope no one takes this mod as a serious design. It should only be used where fire insurance has been purchased.

PE060556.jpg

PE050552.jpg
    You Sir have won the internet, congratulations.

I for one love it,
    Maurice

Senior Member ECF Veteran atomizer mizer's Avatar

It seems to draw well considering the sony's. And yes they are laptop pulls. I think they were green before the heatshrink. My NCR 18650'S 3400Mah cells don't fit in the holder so I threw the sony's in.

Thank you for the suggestions but this was more of a pointless exercise in futility. But now I know if the apocalypse occurs I can do what needs to be done.
    Another observation I have is how will the feds regulate e-cigs when their are fools like me building contraptions like this?

I did purchase a couple real VV\VW mods so this contraption will be disassembled as soon as possible.I couldn't depend on this as a primary device and purchased a KSD Kmax Variable Voltage Mod and an Acrylic Variable Volt APV from Madvapes.
    TomCatt likes this.

Full Member Verified Member CplMajor's Avatar

That's a pretty cool. . .whatever you call it lol
    atomizer mizer likes this.