Which standard Radio Shack item to use for 510 atty battery connector?

Thread: Which standard Radio Shack item to use for 510 atty battery connector?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Sir_Lawrence's Avatar

Default Which standard Radio Shack item to use for 510 atty battery connector?

I'm trying to find standard types of products to use as battery connectors for 510 attys.

I would love to just go to Radio Shack and find something that I can use or make work, other than an RCA plug since I want threads on it.

Also, if there are any plugs for the 801 and 901 attys. I'm making my own mod to run a 5.3v so I don't burn up anymore 801 attys. Getting expensive!

Thanks

Super Member ECF Veteran

For a 901 you can use an M or N panel mount connector from RS. I think you're stuck using batt connectors from a real batt for a 510, or ordering the connectors... but someone will chime in shortly.

Super Member ECF Veteran

one of the suppliers here has a tutorial on how to make the connector. it involves making threads in a brass bushing. if i see it i'll link it for you or someone else may know it.

p.s. try asking in the modders forum. they know everything there.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

An alternative if you want the Radio Shack products is to use the "N" connector and then purchase a 901 batt to 510 atty adapter. I've found the adapter is a great way to enjoy the benefits of both the 901 and 510 attys with my 901 power mods.
    DSE-901 Owner & Operator
    Since March 2009

PV Master ECF Veteran crashtestjeep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    An alternative if you want the Radio Shack products is to use the "N" connector and then purchase a 901 batt to 510 atty adapter. I've found the adapter is a great way to enjoy the benefits of both the 901 and 510 attys with my 901 power mods.
    Excellent advice! Esp since the adapters are so cheap at www.heaven-gifts.com

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Why would anyone want to do this? Why buy two different widgets to equal the correct item that is readily available? I'm not seeing what the OP is trying to accomplish by using Radio Shack crap that isn't a true fit.

When (battery) connectors weren't available, sure. That's not the case now and hasn't been for a couple of months. It's as if this thread is stuck a time warp. If one has to buy a 901 to 510 adapter which is clearly NOT a Radio Shack item, toss the proper battery connector in the shopping cart. No?

Me? I'd buy everything I need from altsmoke mod shop, madvapes or heaven's gifts if time allowed. Colour me confused with the Radio Shack crap.

i think he is old school dont wanna wait for the post just buy,i am same way china is a far and distant land....once upon a time long long ago ..