Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Atomizer + Battery Watts Chart

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Ralph T's Avatar

Default Atomizer + Battery Watts Chart

I was trying to decipher which atty does what with which battery configurations. In "Vape World", we have a tendency to speak in terms of Volts and Atty type. This makes it very difficult to compare these combinations directly. One common measurement that can be determined is the amount of watts (heat).

So, I made a spreadsheet. Down the left column, you find your battery configuration. Across the top you find your atomizer, (or similar ohms to your atty). Where the two intersect is how many watts your combo makes.

If someone else has already done this, please point me to it. Also, I certainly don't have knowledge of all attys out there. So if you know the resistance (ohms) of an atty that isn't listed, please let me know.

Cheers

Last edited by Elendil; 03-01-2010 at 07:39 PM.
    I would much rather have five very close friends, than a thousand Facebook friends!

2. Advertisement
    Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

Really nice looking chart! I think your 510 range may be a little on the low side though, I thought it was more like 2.5-3.. but my meter is cheap so I don't have any real data to offer.. I just never heard anyone say the resistance was so low.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran mauisun's Avatar

excellent post. I am going to try some measurements on the o-scope today to get a good read and see how close we are on tolerances, thanks for the great spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by stompasaurus View Post
    Really nice looking chart! I think your 510 range may be a little on the low side though, I thought it was more like 2.5-3.. but my meter is cheap so I don't have any real data to offer.. I just never heard anyone say the resistance was so low.
    I used a test set designed to measure atty ohms. Out of 5 stock, unused Joye 510 attys, four read 2.3 and one of them read 2.2. So, I need to move the 510's one column to the right (the 2.3 ohm column). Once I am able to revise and repost I will make it clear that this has been done.

Edit: Chart has been corrected to show 510 Standard atty at 2.3 ohms instead of 2.2.
    Last edited by Ralph T; 02-18-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    I would much rather have five very close friends, than a thousand Facebook friends!

Senior Member ECF Veteran traderdan's Avatar

Nice Chart Ralph T
    Again I say thanks,. Thats a wealth of info. Great work and it helps everyone working on attys .

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nice work Ralph....looks like it took hours to compile....

This needs to be stuck.....

PS. A couple of minor corrections, Dual 3v Lith-Ion cells are 6.6 fully charged with a nominal voltage of 3v each . Dual LifePo4's are 7.2v fully charged with a nominal voltage of 3.2v each.

Cisco...

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    Nice work Ralph....looks like it took hours to compile....

This needs to be stuck.....

PS. A couple of minor corrections, Dual 3v Lith-Ion cells are 6.6 fully charged with a nominal voltage of 3v each . Dual LifePo4's are 7.2v fully charged with a nominal voltage of 3.2v each.

Cisco...
    Thanks for the kudos and additional data points. The chart has been updated.
    Last edited by Ralph T; 02-21-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Well you got me to pull out my vom "very old meter" Tested 3 510's all came in at 2.3 ohms.

You usually have great posts. This chart though will just further confuse those new to the game. What does '510 Std' going to mean to someone who just bought the highly recommended 'famous 510 from a major manufacturer'. There are so many 510 clones floating around, we need NAMES/BRANDS, not a generic number. The same can be said for '510 disposables', which ones? The one's the Widow sells?

With your Single 3.7V Li-ion listings why even bother posting watts up to 4.2V? Are there any batteries that can hit an atty even at 3.9V? Again confusion for those new folks struggling to understand what's really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    You usually have great posts. This chart though will just further confuse those new to the game. What does '510 Std' going to mean to someone who just bought the highly recommended 'famous 510 from a major manufacturer'. There are so many 510 clones floating around, we need NAMES/BRANDS, not a generic number. The same can be said for '510 disposables', which ones? The one's the Widow sells?

With your Single 3.7V Li-ion listings why even bother posting watts up to 4.2V? Are there any batteries that can hit an atty even at 3.9V? Again confusion for those new folks struggling to understand what's really going on.
    Quite right on several points, especially the disposables, they are all over the map. I will probably remove those. And yes, none of the batteries can provide 4.2V with a 2.3 ohm load. I can get only 4.0 volts out of a 18650 battery loaded down with a 2.3 ohm 510 atty.

And yes it would be nice to have a comprehensive listing of atomizers, revisions of atomizers, their clones, and how many ohms each. It would also be nice to have the amps listed next to the watts so that you can determine what size components would be required for a mod, etc. Of course this would require a HUGE spreadsheet.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to edit the original post as the edit button is gone. I believe that you can only edit the most recent posing you have made in a thread.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast