Review of Bandit weak spots and how to repair.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By roberted5

Thread: Review of Bandit weak spots and how to repair.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Review of Bandit weak spots and how to repair.

I got my Bandit and it was working great.
    The Bandit has a few weak spots,for when I started posting it just stopped working read 9.9ohms.
    After replacing coil unit still 9.9ohms????
    I wasn't getting a good contact from coil unit to connector,so some mod is needed.Steel wooled threads on connector get them shiny didn't work,so I went in further a thin copper shim may be a needed mod.
    After pushing down and spinning the coil I heard a sizzle.So a weak spot is the connection from coil to button,it wasn't continuous,but a firm push and twist fixed it and it's continuous now working again.
    May need to shine up button that coil touches with eraser of pencil or use a copper shim??
    Last edited by roberted5; 10-29-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by roberted5 View Post
    I got my Bandit and it was working great.
    The Bandit has a few weak spots,for when I started posting it just stopped working read 9.9ohms.
    After replacing coil unit still 9.9ohms????
    I wasn't getting a good contact from coil unit to connector,so some mod is needed.Steel wooled threads on connector get them shiny didn't work,so I went in further a thin copper shim may be a needed mod.
    After pushing down and spinning the coil I heard a sizzle.So a weak spot is the connection from coil to button,it wasn't continuous,but a firm push and twist fixed it and it's continuous now working again.
    May need to shine up button that coil touches with eraser of pencil or use a copper shim??
    We cannot recommend this fix as a company - I use my Bandit with no fixes (I do take a little wicking out) and no issues whatsoever. Mods must be done at your own risk.

10% off E-liquid use ECFROCKS

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran pwyll's Avatar

I have found that the head/coil unit sometimes has a less than optimal connection to the positive pin myself, but simply pushing the head unit in a little more has always fixed it for me. It seems to me that some of them have ever-so-slightly larger silicone gaskets and need to be coaxed a little more than others. None of them actually need to "snap" or "pop" into place, but some of them seem to need to get over a little "hump of resistance."*

You definitely don't want to put anything loose in there, like a shim, because it will eventually shift and create a dead short--and then the best you can hope for is a dead battery, but a fried mod would be a distinct possibility if you are running electronic.

EDIT:
    * Usually it's just pushing on it a little, not even enough to notice it moving.
    Last edited by pwyll; 10-30-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet.
    --Copernicus

Full Member ECF Veteran

A firm push and twist was all that was needed.
    The mouthpiece does tighten or loosen and the pressure from mouthpiece may have effected contact with coil,but the good news it now works great.
    Once I pushed,then twisted I heard the steady sizzle and the Bandit's been working very good.
    pwyll likes this.