Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reduced flavor with reduced nic level or just me?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Reduced flavor with reduced nic level or just me?

My first all day vape was ms T's snicker doodle at 24mg. Nic... I was vaping a lot and getting sore throat and told probably too much nic, so I ordered 18mg. Still love it but using same equip, except new carto, flavor is not as pronounced as the 24mg batch. I am using an egoT battery with boge LR cartomizer... Are my taste buds acting up, or has anyone else experienced this?
    Getting ready to place new order and not sure what strength I should go with. TIA

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

A lot of things can be a factor here, when considering juices in general. I've never tried the same juice at different levels, so keep that in mind!

I guess let me ask a few questions before I give any insight. How long since you quit stinkies? Do you still use them? How long of a period of time were you vaping at 24mg? How long at 18mg?

ECF Veteran

Thanks ksamim! To answer your questions, I have been mostly vaping since mid feb. of this year, but still have 2-3 stinkies a day. I used 24mg. Exclusively, ms t and other brands until about 2 weeks ago. Now, I use mostly 18 mg. but do keep a carto of 24 ( not ms t, cuz I'm out) to rotate to when cravings are bad, or stress is high.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Are you noticing loss in flavor in all liquids dropping from 24mg to 18mg?

Super Member ECF Veteran Stephra's Avatar

I have moved my nicotine from 24 to 18 and currently, 14. I didn't notice a difference in flavor so much as a difference in throat hit. My guy still uses 24, and when I take a puff of his, it tastes the same, just "harsher". I've actually gotten to the point where a pronounced throat hit is a turnoff to me. YMMV.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Flavor should NOT be reduced since Ms T adds the pg/vg and flavor first. THEN she adds in the nicotine. What you may be experiencing is lack of the throat hit. Just like steph said. I have 6mg through 18mg in my juice. I have 6 and 14 in banana fosters coffee and they taste the same.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Oh, want to add. She will do whatever nic level you want. If 18 isn't doing it for you try 20mg or 22mg.

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

No flavor difference for me . I went from 24mg to 18mg to 14mg now and they all have the same amount of flavor. TH is a little less but even thats not much different.

DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

ECF Veteran

Thanks for the input everyone... It sounds like it may be my taste buds then... I also don't care for the strong throat hit but maybe going from 24 to 18 was too big of a drop to fast for me. I didn't realize ms t would customize the nic level so I think I will try a bottle of 20 and see how that tastes. I have also read that sometimes your taste buds kind of get burned out and switching to a different flavor or no flavor for a few days can help. Now the big decision... What new flavor should I try...mwhaaaa....
    You guys are awesome, thanks so much for taking the time to help... I appreciate you all!

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Id just keep vaping it and most likely your buds will kick back in all of a sudden. What kind of atty/carto are you using?

DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast