When are they going to open?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: When are they going to open?

Default When are they going to open?

I'm suprised that I haven't seen any updates as to when the shop is going to be open for business again. I have an order pending and I just ran out of my peanut butter cookie and almost out of my snickerdoodle. Hope they are open again before I start going thru withdrawl from my 2 favorite flavors.

Super Member ECF Veteran

From the order site:

"As a first step towards expansion of Ms T's Bakery, Ms T must go take a look at a new place outside of Maine, and will be gone for a few days. During this time, the website will be closed to keep the rate of new order delays down. Some current orders will be delayed as well, a bit more than expected. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. The most affected will be emailed separately with more details.

We are sorry for this sudden unexpected website closure, but this necessary first step towards expansion is paving the way for future improvements in Ms T's system. Bear with us, the benefits will be worth it!"

Yes, I've read that. "Few days". I was just hoping for an update since then. The email doesn't provide any more specifics.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by phxemt View Post
    Yes, I've read that. "Few days". I was just hoping for an update since then. The email doesn't provide any more specifics.
    It definitely seems longer than a few days. I think its almost a week. I'm starting to feel a bit panicy.

Full Member Verified Member

I hope it's soon. I work for Verizon FiOS, and we've been forced 12 hour days, 6 days a week (I had been working 7) in an effort to help get folks back up and runnin gafter Sandy. First day off in 3 weeks, really needed some juice. Kinda bummed.

Full Member Verified Member

I emailed them last night and they were expecting her back yesterday. Hopefully they will be up and running soon I have filled my last tank of snickerdoodle and hope I don't run out.

Super Member ECF Veteran Tempus Fugit's Avatar

Hi guys, well, on the good side, Ms T likes what she sees. On the bad side, she has to be there until Friday. She will of course jump back on the orders that remain in queue, and we will see how things go. I have no idea yet when the site will reopen. Please bear in mind that we will have to give her a little space soon for part 2, "the move". We are still unsure about how to proceed through that time period, but we are working on it.

T is super excited about things, and this seems to fit perfectly into our plan. Ms T hopes everyone can understand how moving to a new place (far away) is a life-changing experience, and how someone who typically works every day of the week has to fit that into the normal schedule of things. Of course part 3 will be the beginning of "upping the game", where plans start coming together for expansion and faster order processing. We look forward to that part ourselves, and we know everyone else does too. Please be patient with us, it's all for good and it had to happen sometime. That sometime is just now.

Brandon
    Ms T's Bakery

I understand. I hope that with "part 2" she can give notice in advance so that maybe people can time their orders better. Maybe she can have a cut off date where no orders placed after then will be filled until after the move.

This is only my second Ms. T's order. My first one was delayed when she ran out of snickerdoodle. And now this. Just bad luck on my part, I guess. I will place another order for larger sized bottles after this, just in case. But it would be nice to know that if I get it in by a certain date, it won't be affected by her move.

Also, what state are you currently based out of? And the move is to Maine right?

Thanks

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by phxemt View Post
    I understand. I hope that with "part 2" she can give notice in advance so that maybe people can time their orders better. Maybe she can have a cut off date where no orders placed after then will be filled until after the move.
    I have to agree. I must say, as a long time customer, I'm a bit shocked by the dearth of explanation. The note on the website isn't even dated, so who knows when "a few days" even began? Have I missed something about some move? Because I see no details or forewarning until two comments ago. There is nothing on the website's own forum about any of this. Given we are dealing with, after all, addicts... seems really out of character for the Bakery.

Super Member ECF Veteran Tempus Fugit's Avatar

Sorry for the confusion. This is all something Ms T has been considering for months. The demand for her products keeps her busy all week long. The simple response most have is, "Hire more people." As correct and easy as that sounds, there are many factors involved. One primary factor (for several reasons) is to relocate. The current trip she is on was for a perfect place, in the area she wants to be, and would probably end up unavailable pretty quickly. She had to jump, and as far as I know, it was worth the trip. She actually had no way of knowing when it would come up, nor how long it would take to respond to it. I guess you could say we are sort of winging it here! She is well aware of the orders waiting, and is even losing sleep over it. Those orders will be her primary concern when she gets back. We have yet to decide when the website is coming back up. Of course we want to minimize downtime, but she and I need to have more discussion about it.

It has been difficult to supply updates since my contact with T has been touch-and-go, and some details were vague. We thought she would have been back a couple of days ago, but it ended up that she got stuck there until today due to someone else. At least, that is the last I heard. I am hoping to hear from her tonight, so I will let her know you guys are asking about her. We know something of this scale is out of character, but it is also true that Ms T is too busy all the time and needs help to speed up overall processing. Since this is the initial part of that whole idea, we are excited that things are looking positive. We hope everyone is able to understand that positivity. We wish we could have given more notice, but we didn't have it to give.

Oh, and Ms T's currently operates from Boothbay Harbor, ME. I'm not yet going to mention where she is going, I don't want to spoil her fun of telling you herself.

Brandon
    Ms T's Bakery

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast