Well it may not be his fault but they are his products he is selling.
fwiw i got a 5pk of the ego mega cartomizers too and hated the three that worked, the other two being DOA. One never got any juice to the coil and burnt badly immediately upon use, and the other two "working" ones "worked" ok, but ran dry and tasted like burnt plastic throughout use. i ended up pitching them and lamenting the 11 ml of juice i lost in them.
one of the drawbacks to a filler based carto, you can't dry burn it to test it out prior to use, so you have to commit to risking a fill's worth of juice to find out if they are DOA, so the mega cartos risk even more. i've only had one DOA out of 50+ boge LR 510 cartos, so i'm just chalking the whole Joye Mega Ego Carto experience up to a product that didn't get enough R&D.
Regardless of the attitude you may feel you are getting, sounds like your supplier is trying to do the right thing with you, so let him take care of it and just give up on the mega cartos, at least this generation.
Yep I think your right. Hopefully something better will come along, the ego-t looks promising but i don't want to get my hopes up LOL
I too had a box of eGo mega Cartos with 2 bad ones, same probloem as you so it definately is not the supplier - it's typical Chinese QC.
Awaiting a 3 box order of 510 Boge 2Ω cartos looking for a better/easier way.
Heck, I just ordered some a couple days ago. Guess I'll find out when they get here.
hey I just read thru this thread & am having some issues with my mega's (not from MFS) but hubby has figured my issue out .... but I was wondering after seeing the guts of these guys ....
If You were bottom filling .... Did you ever take the top apart & punch out the fill hole ???
I would assume you did or... How did you get it to vape at all ? hmmm nevermind....
Ok so I have Riva's too & hubby says I tighten it down TO HARD ,which in turn pushes the center part of the cart out of place & causes a direct "short" .... then I get no connection ...so it seems DOA ... but It registered the same #'s on a meter as the working ones ....
So the fix in this case is to pull the little center piece up just enough to make it stick out of ( not flush with or lower than) the inner ring ....so hard to explain ....look down in the cart bottom & reread what I've said .
he uses a toothpick that has had it's tip broken off to stick in hole just enough to be able to gingerly rock the little piece up ....it has a rubber type sleeve that keeps it from contacting the outer ring (threaded part), so it moves within that ring . Then it will make to connection if it's not screwed on to tight, if it is then the process needs to be repeated , been there a few times today
make sense to anyone ?? I LOVE these things & will do whatever to make them work !!
The only way i can get them to work on my riva is trim a little of the plastic from the bottom so that they can fit on them right they work fine on my ego battys cris is a good guy im sure he will make it right...
Ok I'm posting an update, my husband decided to take this upon himself to fix it, this I would say is the Riva batterys and just the overall construction of cart = flawd, not Chris's fault, but the issue is that the cart is too long for riva batterys, and the inside plastic that the battery connection sits in is not glued together.....so my husband just trimmed off the plastic from the bottom up to where plastic insert is, so he could fix them, he did resolder the wires, and pop it back into place, it doesn't look that great but its functional and fires everytime, you could get away with trimming just some of the cart if yours hasn't poped completely off.....and if it does just do this: here is a picture...
So if i want to buy anymore i'll just have to mod them. thanks Chis, you did try to fix this problem, everything is ok now but im still going to leave this thread up in case anyone has issues with the these and the riva batteries.
Last edited by Zoey; 01-09-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Tags for this Thread