Bolt :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt :(

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default Bolt :(

I've had my bolt since 2/17 and a couple days ago it started not hitting like it did. I tested it and found with a new fully charged18650 batt at 4.1v, with a regular, 1.7ohm carto, ce2, and everything I tried, it only reads at 2.8/3.0v, the main thing now is that i can't even get a reading because there isn't enough power with the carto to give a reading. I'm using my LED volt reader. With out the carto it reads normal 4.0v and as soon as I put a carto on it won't read, the led flickers, and gives hardly any vapor, and I'm talking tiny! I tried the exact set up on my friends bolt and his was way better, lots of vapor! Something isn't right! I also had the 510 connector come totally loose. I sent them an email, now waiting for a reply! Bummed out!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sounds like the source of your problem is the loose 510 connector which isn't providing a good electrical connection. If your voltmeter has a ohm option, try testing the resistance of the circuit without the battery installed. Otherwise, check to see if you can send it back for repair or replacement.
    DSE-901 Owner & Operator
    Since March 2009

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just curious, if you have a multimeter, have you checked that the batteries are still charging? I know I had a battery die out on me the other day (14500) in a dual battery box mod and it stopped dead in it's tracks, the battery read 0.01v on my multimeter, I threw it out and put in a new battery, and off I went.
    RIP Kenneth, my Father, Lost to cancer 10/02/2011.
    RIP Carmella, my Mother, Lost to cancer, and a broken heart 05/31/2012.
    Cigarettes Kill, make no mistake.
    My Last Analog 10/29/2011 --- Last TC Taken 01/19/2012

Super Member ECF Veteran

Thx, the batteries are brand new, they work/charge just fine, many cycles in my other mods, the problem is not the 510 connector being loose, I fixed it. It is something else with the inner workings, waiting to hear back from mvs.?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Funny that you mentioned this. A couple friends of mine ordered one and it was doing almost the exact same thing to them. If you run it with a carto attached, you barely get anything. When I hooked up my inline test box, it worked fine. Take the box off, and you're back to nothing. I thought it might be a funky connector or a short center post but after adjusting it still doesn't work. All the components (batts, cartos, attys) work fine with other devices.

I told them to send it back.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Mine is doing that exactly! I heard from them today and they told me to ship it back, they sent me a pdf postage stamp too! Very nice! I'll send it back tomorrow. Hope the return time isn't bad? I'm glad they are taking care of it, I'm lucky it was within their warranty period.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm super happy I got an email today saying that MVS is shipping back my bolt, either a replacement or it's fixed! So glad they made it right! It was so quick too! Thanks guys! Can't wait to get it back!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Problem is with the extender ! It doesn't hold continuity, the thread are too loose. Using tinfoil in the threads somewhat help, still hit or miss.

Thought I would mention that I recently purchased a Bolt and now the problem is getting the 510 atty to screw all the way down. The threads are so tight it only goes halfway. Had to use 3 in 1 oil and some vice grips with a folded up paper towel around the atty to get it to screw all the way down. It works fine now but when it comes time to change the atty it may snap off at the threaded part or break the 510 fitting loose on the Bolt. This was using the MVS brand LR 510 atty's, and the Joye 510 atty's fit were very tight as well though I did not need to use oil or vice grips. See what happens when it comes time to replace the atty.

Seems they went from one extreme to the other.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It wasn't on a Bolt but, I had a similar problem on another device with certain cartos. A little shorty 510 extension solved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast