Can E-cigs make you sick? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can E-cigs make you sick?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There's evidence to the contrary, actually, if the liquid you're using is PG-based. Propylene glycol has been shown to have limited antimicrobial effects: What Are the Functions of Propylene Glycol? | eHow.com

“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.” (Woody Allen)

PV Master ECF Veteran redheadone's Avatar

A little over two months into vaping I woke up feeling really bad I just put it off to maybe having a bug. A couple of days later my legs and hands hurt so bad I could hardly move. I put a thread on this forum asking what could possibly be happening and a lot of folks thought I wasn't drinking enough water. I started drinking a lot more H2O and behold my symptoms are slowly subsiding. It seems that the pg and vg will dehydrate you quickly so if you aren't drinking a lot of water start and seem if some of your symptoms get better

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Funny you should ask this questions. I have been vaping for 13 days now and up until yesterday all I was experiencing were bad headaches which I think are just withdrawals from analogs. I have tried different mg of nico but nothing has stopped the headaches. Last night, out of now where, I just threw up and this morning my throat is hurting pretty bad. I don't feel sick at all but do have these symptoms. Dunno, could be a combination of things I suppose.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

It can be scary....people have to understand we been killing, punching and just generally f---ing up our bodys for years smoking analogs. A freaking pv is more than likely not the cause of many of your problems. I was quick to blame PG for my sore throat...but it turns out it was just all the pollen in the air. Just sit back and think of the 1,000's of things in analogs and then think about the two or three things in your pv.

1. Drink water like every vet on this forum tell you to.

2. Try VG first...%100 VG.

3. Lots of water.

I just got back from the doctor because I have had a really bad sore throat, headaches, stuffy nose, runny nose and feeling flush. Turns out I just have a viral infection. Doctor said she has been seeing alot of people coming in for viral infections lately. My lungs were clear but lots of drainage in back of my throat. I asked her if my e-cig could have contributed to this and she said no. I had it in my purse so I took it out and showed her it and demonstrated how it worked. She was very interested in it and asked alot of questions. The good news was that my e-cig was not the cause of my sickness! The bad news is; it is going to be a couple days before the antibiotics really start working and I feel better.

I had wondered about illness being passed on by carts.... does the atomizer heat the e-liquid hot enough to sterilize the vapor output to us? If one of the factories employees were to sneeze or cough while filling a cart.......

Not that I'm TOO concerned about it. Didn't stop me from ordering or anything, but I am interested in the possibilities.....

People react differently when suffering withdrawal symptoms from cigarettes. I quit four years ago cold turkey and had the headaches and cravings. had VIVID dreams for the first time in years(mostly about cigarettes) but never threw up or had flu like symptoms. Hope you guys start feeling better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12