Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to clean my ego atomizers?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default How to clean my ego atomizers?

Okay so I bought an EGO kit and its amazing. The atomizers that came with the kit are pretty good. I also have a blue, which sucks with their cartridges, but is decent for dripping i guess. I still dont use the blue anymore now that i have my ego.

SO HERES MY QUESTIONs:
    whats the best way to clean my ego 510 atty?
    How often should i clean it?

Also, I get good hits for a couple after i drip and then i add more, if i dont add more, i still get vapor for a long time but it doesnt taste or feel the same. will i run it dry and still get vapor? how about that burnt taste but still vapor? the burnt taste goes away if i add more juice. hmmmm....

Blog Entries

i am noticing the same thing with the eGo.
    The taste diminishes and the hit seems much lighter after a while of use.
    When i try to add more juice the cart only takes 2 drops or so.

i just put in a cart and filler i clean last night. it took about 7-9 drops. Maybe try a new cart?

i believe there is a learning curve to all this and a good deal of trial and error. user preferences, equipment factors, and time all play a part.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I only clean my attys when they are new or to get bad flavors out. I soak in 90% isopropyl alcohol for 10 mins or so then rinse with water. I dry them using the PV or a PT.

Super Member ECF Veteran

ive heard of soaking them in alcohol before. it wont mess up the internal components by completely submerging the atty on alcohol?

Super Member ECF Veteran 7thCabal's Avatar

I do the dry burn method once in a blue moon, but usually if the atty starts acting weird (from either a +/- in ohms) that puppy gets kicked to the curb.

Try Highping's cart mod, I use a variation w/ diff. material & get an average of 12-15 drops on an empty cart.

PureSmoker SS Icon/Joye510LR attys/AW IMR14500 batts./Super-T Tips/DIY e-liquids

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 7thCabal View Post
    I do the dry burn method once in a blue moon, but usually if the atty starts acting weird (from either a +/- in ohms) that puppy gets kicked to the curb.

Try Highping's cart mod, I use a variation w/ diff. material & get an average of 12-15 drops on an empty cart.
    thanks for the info

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justin25 View Post
    thanks for the info
    Suggest not cleaning unless you see a performance drop and then first check for flooding - blowout the atty from the batt end into paper towel. If no joy, then using 151 proof vodka (not isopropyl) - soak for 1/2 hour no more. blow out, few drops on the atomizer bridge and restart.

DC2
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kent C View Post
    Suggest not cleaning unless you see a performance drop and then first check for flooding - blowout the atty from the batt end into paper towel. If no joy, then using 151 proof vodka (not isopropyl) - soak for 1/2 hour no more. blow out, few drops on the atomizer bridge and restart.
    I can't help but notice that you don't ever mention dry burns when this question comes up...

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DC2 View Post
    I can't help but notice that you don't ever mention dry burns when this question comes up...
    One of three 510 attys (regular type) that I've lost came from a dry burn. Immediately went out. There is a procedure, but I don't post it in the new member forum. And I don't think it is as effective of the wetburn or using high proof pga. And I simply don't recommend cleaning as a routine anymore. Most dead attys were killed and most that were killed were merely flooded.

I get most of what you guys are saying but every now and then ya'll throw in an abbreviation that hurts my head. Can you try and spell it out for the newbies out here. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast