I feel like an idiot vaping in public - Page 2
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel like an idiot vaping in public

I've been stealth vaping while in public. Trying to hide my PV while taking drags. I guess this is making matters worse. I should probably just allow the world to see my PV and answer questions has they come forth.

I'll just have to go through an adjustment period until i become more comfortable.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You and I and all these other fine folks on here are proudly, EX-smokers! Let the others stare. They would stare if we walked down the street eating Honey Coated Cheerios.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    What up Man? I get sick of the same people who bummed smokes off of me trying to bum vapes from me. I don't mind showing them once, but after a while it's like, man go buy a kit and leave mine alone.
    Yeah it's been a while since I talked to you. At my parents helping them with stuff maybe I'll jump into the Insomniac thread later. I'm with you on that statement too. Hope all is well with you too bud.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've been smoking the m401 that looks just like a regular cig and I cup it in my hand so its hard to see. No one has really bothered me about it yet, they probably just wonder why I'm smoking in a weird way. I've even gotten a few "Thats a nasty habit", and "Don't you know those things are bad for you" comments.

I'm going to have to brace myself for the onslaught of spectators i'll get when I start vaping my box mods in public though. Ugh..

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that MOST people are looking at it thinking "I need to get one of those" or "I need to get one of those for so and so..."
    I mostly get positive comments and questions about my PS V3.
    And I'm always proud to show it off. I'm not a smoker anymore, so I'm not ashamed of NOTHIN when it comes to vaping!

Quote Originally Posted by bassthumper View Post
    I'm not a smoker anymore, so I'm not ashamed of NOTHIN when it comes to vaping!
    I feel ya there. I was a PAD smoker for 16 years and haven't had an analog in 8 days

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by redrobin347 View Post
    Does anyone else struggle with vaping in public? Hopefully this will all pass and eventually i just won't give a damn what people think.
    Don't worry about it.

It's just something new to your normal smoking routine. That and the first 2 weeks off of cigarettes, your going to be whacked out anyway. Just concentrate on not smoking and I think that after that passes, you will feel better about vaping in public.

BTW Ė I stealth vape when Iím around people and I donít care what they think. I just got tired of answering questions about e-Cigs.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful313 View Post
    I didn't mean to sound like a grumpy guss Brad. I'm always all for telling ppl how good it is to vape and explain it to them. It just seems like when I'm at school i always get those crazy questions or they ask questions for 30mins and when i tell them how much they go "oh nevermind I don't have the money for that so it gets frustrating at times.
    Ah, I hear you. That would get on my nerves too.
    Last edited by ejoker; 07-28-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I don't really stealth it. but pull it out take a puff or two then put it away. to be honest I kinf of glad to get away from the "go to smoking area, put everything on hold, stand in place and do your thing" scenario. I think its really nice to be able to just pull it out and use it then put it away.
    with a cigarette you have to sit there and keep smoking until either it is finished or your time is up and you have to toss the rest. Maybe subconsciously I'm avoiding smokers, I've wondered that, maybe afraid of temptation? Also wonder if I'm just not wanting to be associated with smoking and smokers. Not sure yet.
    .....just realized something, today was the first day I went all day without a thought about having a cigarette. Cool.
    A true friend will stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde 1854-1900
    Smoke free since 0800 hours 07-10-2010

Quote Originally Posted by endril View Post
    2. Someone says, you can't smoke here, look up be confident and say, "i'm not smoking I'm vaping".
    North Carolina recently banned smoking in all establishments. I'll continue to vape in smoking sections. I see no need to start a confrontation over something that the general public is not knowledgeable of and there is no need for me to push my luck.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast