Menthol e juice - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Menthol e juice

Full Member Verified Member

i been a menthol smoker for 17yrs (kools,usa golds,marlboro menthol,) and the best menthol ejuice that ive tried is 100%vg 36mg menthol from strictlyejuice.com. all the other menthol ejuice i tried were either too strong or too week

ECF Administrator
    Social Groups Manager
    Reviewer/Blogger Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I got two menthol juices in yesterday, FSUSA Menthol Ultra (pretty good) and House of Vapor Menthol (absolutely disgusting).

HoV was seriously bad, makes me sick to my stomach... it's like a smoking a minty cheap beer...

Above is probably a lie... mmm, more flavours!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by debb View Post
    How do you use the menthol crystals? I have been thinking about trying them...
    I have a small pestle and mortar, grind the crystals into a fine powder, mix with VG, nuc for just a few seconds (don't overdue the nuc and don't leave it unattended or boil) then mix with your recipe as a flavor. You can also place in a bowl of hot water to warm the juice if you don't want to nuc it.

It takes some experimenting - a little mint or pepermint added to mix and/or a little malto deepens the flavor. I have also started mixing in a little clove which goes quite will with menthol. If you try clove be sure you're getting clear clove, not the real dark stuff - I've heard it will kill your attys quickly. Probably too much oil. It's also very strong (like menthol) so experiment on small batchs.

I usually create all of my mixtures seperately to the mg rating I'm using, then add or mix small quantities. That way I can experiment by mixing ratios of flavors together without cutting the mgs of the ejuice. I even mix individual cartriges that way. I pull the BFM, drip in the quantities I'm trying, shake it up and replace the foam. I haven't mixed a whole one or two mgs just as an experiment and I can get a pretty good idea of what it tastes like.
    Last edited by Teach; 09-08-2010 at 02:19 AM.

I love ecigg.org's menthol - 16mg. It tastes like a cross between juicy fruit & menthol. It is excellent.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran fizil's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How much is just a little bit of menthol crystals?

PV Master ECF Veteran

If you are looking for a really clean strong menthol try Menthol Freeze X2 by StrictlyEjuice.com, Flavor Shop!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fizil View Post
    That's one of those personal taste things. Most are sold as 4oz packs. Start with a little then add more untill you find your level. I like mine strong - I took the "strong" flavoring juice I recieved and goosed it up with the crystals to find what I liked.

I've tried a few as well. The ones I've tried so far either tasted like socks or watered down margaritas.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    Also- if you don't want to wait for the crystals to dissolve in the PG/VG by itsself, you can boil some water, or get hot water from the faucet and add the crystals into your PG/VG base and close the bottle, put that bottle into the hot water and swirl it around until dissolved. It will heat the liquid safely without contaminating or damaging the mixture and quickly dissolve your crystals. You should shake the bottle vigorusly after the crystals are dissolved completely.
    I've found that it only takes the crytals about 5 minutes or so to dissolve in a bottle of juice at room temperature. Although I do find that shaking it well, like you say, and then letting it sit for a little bit helps it mix in better than using it right away.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fizil View Post
    You can pick up half an ounce for $5 or less. I think I even saw someone selling a 1/4 oz for like $3.00 on one site (don't recall where). They're pretty inexpensive.

One note - depending on where you live, the heat may melt them in transport. Mine arrived in almost liquid form in a tripple-bagged shipment. They re-solidified into a solid chunk once I brought them inside, so I just broke that big mass apart.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast