eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead

  1. #1
    Member euphos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    12

    Default eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead

    Noticed the last drag I took on my eGo that the battery button LED was flashing. Does that mean the battery is dead or just running low?

    I've got a 50 minute drive home from work, so either it's going to be a LONG drive home (in construction none the less), or I stop and pick up a pack of anaolgs

    Glad my second charger is on the way! I'll never leave the house without a spare battery or charger from now on! Was just in a rush this morning, and forgot.

  2. #2
    Supplier Associate ECF Veteran debb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in the nj woods
    Posts
    10,604
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I know when my Riva flashes about 10 times....it's dead...

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    368

    Default

    its dead I always have 2 batts on me charged and my usb charger on me so I can charg at the office dont want to be caught in your shoes.

  4. #4
    Member euphos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thanks for the help. Too bad Marlboro doesn't make an RY4 analog. Have to settle for the gold pack I guess.

  5. #5
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    787

    Default

    D.O.A.

  6. #6
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Tn
    Posts
    40

    Default

    This happened to me today with my 510. Dead battery, caught at work for about 3 hours with no battery. Won't make that mistake again. Ordering a few items to help battery life out, i.e. a passthrough, usb charger, extra batteries. This way i can save the batteries for work or trips out of the house, while using the passthrough at home.

  7. #7
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ckitt View Post
    This happened to me today with my 510. Dead battery, caught at work for about 3 hours with no battery. Won't make that mistake again. Ordering a few items to help battery life out, i.e. a passthrough, usb charger, extra batteries. This way i can save the batteries for work or trips out of the house, while using the passthrough at home.
    Wouldn't it be easier to get an eGo? Mine last all day at work on a single charge. I start out with a fresh battery early in the morning and have a spare charged up. Around 4:00 p.m. I switch out the battery to carry me through the rest of the day and evening. No need for pass-throughs, etc.

    RadicalJD

  8. #8
    PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DaveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central GA
    Posts
    7,790

    Default

    I had that happen with my Ego on my way somewhere one night and had to stop and pay $4.50 for a pack of analogs. Bummer. I had extra carts but no batteries with me. Even with the charge life of the Ego, you have to think about whether it's fresh charged when you leave the house. They last so long it's easy to take them for granted.
    Last edited by DaveP; 09-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.

  9. #9
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Tn
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radicaljd View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to get an eGo? Mine last all day at work on a single charge. I start out with a fresh battery early in the morning and have a spare charged up. Around 4:00 p.m. I switch out the battery to carry me through the rest of the day and evening. No need for pass-throughs, etc.

    RadicalJD
    I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if the battery was longer then the original 510 or not. I could go for a good 6-8 hour battery, cause the puny 510 is only lasting me 4 hours at most. Pretty sure if I added the total up on the 2 xtra batteries, passthrough, and the charger that it would come up to close to the same total as an ego though.

  10. #10
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by euphos View Post

    I've got a 50 minute drive home from work, so either it's going to be a LONG drive home (in construction none the less)
    Save your batteries and get a Passthru for when you are driving

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks