eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead

Default eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead

Noticed the last drag I took on my eGo that the battery button LED was flashing. Does that mean the battery is dead or just running low?

I've got a 50 minute drive home from work, so either it's going to be a LONG drive home (in construction none the less), or I stop and pick up a pack of anaolgs

Glad my second charger is on the way! I'll never leave the house without a spare battery or charger from now on! Was just in a rush this morning, and forgot.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran debb's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know when my Riva flashes about 10 times....it's dead...

its dead I always have 2 batts on me charged and my usb charger on me so I can charg at the office dont want to be caught in your shoes.

Thanks for the help. Too bad Marlboro doesn't make an RY4 analog. Have to settle for the gold pack I guess.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

D.O.A.

This happened to me today with my 510. Dead battery, caught at work for about 3 hours with no battery. Won't make that mistake again. Ordering a few items to help battery life out, i.e. a passthrough, usb charger, extra batteries. This way i can save the batteries for work or trips out of the house, while using the passthrough at home.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ckitt View Post
    This happened to me today with my 510. Dead battery, caught at work for about 3 hours with no battery. Won't make that mistake again. Ordering a few items to help battery life out, i.e. a passthrough, usb charger, extra batteries. This way i can save the batteries for work or trips out of the house, while using the passthrough at home.
    Wouldn't it be easier to get an eGo? Mine last all day at work on a single charge. I start out with a fresh battery early in the morning and have a spare charged up. Around 4:00 p.m. I switch out the battery to carry me through the rest of the day and evening. No need for pass-throughs, etc.

RadicalJD

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I had that happen with my Ego on my way somewhere one night and had to stop and pay $4.50 for a pack of analogs. Bummer. I had extra carts but no batteries with me. Even with the charge life of the Ego, you have to think about whether it's fresh charged when you leave the house. They last so long it's easy to take them for granted.
    Last edited by DaveP; 09-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by radicaljd View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to get an eGo? Mine last all day at work on a single charge. I start out with a fresh battery early in the morning and have a spare charged up. Around 4:00 p.m. I switch out the battery to carry me through the rest of the day and evening. No need for pass-throughs, etc.

RadicalJD
    I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if the battery was longer then the original 510 or not. I could go for a good 6-8 hour battery, cause the puny 510 is only lasting me 4 hours at most. Pretty sure if I added the total up on the 2 xtra batteries, passthrough, and the charger that it would come up to close to the same total as an ego though.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by euphos View Post

I've got a 50 minute drive home from work, so either it's going to be a LONG drive home (in construction none the less)
    Save your batteries and get a Passthru for when you are driving

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast