Whats considered to be the best E-Cig for a newbie? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats considered to be the best E-Cig for a newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by LowThudd View Post
    All I can say is that I wish I had gotten my eGo first, would have saved some cash. Very cool PV!
    I'm with her^. Got a 510 kit and ego (mine's called a tornado) at the same time. Like the 510s but I'd recommend the eGo/Riva/Tornado most highly to any noob. I think an eGo/510 compatible pass-thru device w/ AC and/or car adapter can also work great if you hang out on the computer or just the couch for much of the day. I'm using mine probably 90% of the time now so's to spare my batteries.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I went with the 510 setup and after 20 days bought and eGO 900mAH. The 510 works with that so no big loss in investment. I needed the smaller cigarette feel to get over the whole analog thing. I also ordered more batteries for my 510 as certain places it's more discrete to use. The eGO is awesome for my non-public use and is a workhorse. But at times I don't want to give the impression I'm taking hits off some less than legal device so I use the slim batteries ( at work ) I've recommended the 510 kits to a few friends and they all are doing well with them.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I bought a 510 and love it. I got the double kit for $39.99 and that was with shipping. Now all in all I'm very happy with it but I do wish I would of bought the ego. It has a bigger battery. So instead of lasting 2 to 3 hours its supose to last 6 to 8 hours. From what I hear the 510 and the ego have the same atomizer and the parts are interchangeable. So its basicly the same thing but with a bigger battery and a cone to slide over it to make it look better. So just save your self some time and get the ego but if you cant afford it like me.... the 510 is the egos little brother and just as good.

I ordered an eGo from greenhouse one I cannot wait to get it, will be my first!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tobin View Post
    I went with the 510 setup and after 20 days bought and eGO 900mAH. The 510 works with that so no big loss in investment. I needed the smaller cigarette feel to get over the whole analog thing. I also ordered more batteries for my 510 as certain places it's more discrete to use. The eGO is awesome for my non-public use and is a workhorse. But at times I don't want to give the impression I'm taking hits off some less than legal device so I use the slim batteries ( at work ) I've recommended the 510 kits to a few friends and they all are doing well with them.
    AGREE. I did the exact same thing. Only issue now is I like gadgets and will most likely buy a mod too and hide it from my wife.

One thing I would highly recommend if you are a pack a day smoker is something with a button to push because the automatics cut you off. I had to go in the rear getting 510's cuz I made the mistake of buying the wrong one.
    Can't wait for the day you can walk in a store puff and try some like the bar!!

Thanks for the help everybody. It doesn't have to look like a real cig for me, long battery life would be my main concern. As for filling my own cartos I'm sure I would eventually be doing that but it's not a big issue for me at the moment. Seems like a lot of you guys/gals are recommending the eGo, def gonna be looking into that one.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah i would have to say it looks like the best for you would be a eGo with maybe some XL batteries. The regular batteries last a long time the XL would last even longer. If price is not a issue i would go with the XL bats.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

eGo, Riva, Hello, Tornado, I've read good things about all of these. I own an eGo and Riva and like them both . Please make sure you purchase from a place that has a good warranty, I had 2 Riva batts die on me within minutes of each other and am pretty sure it was a bad atty. It was no big deal tho, because I had a back up to use and the company I had purchased them from sent out replacements the same day as they died. Good customer service and warranty are important, IMO.
    Good Luck ~ Lanette

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Listen to the folks that recommend the eGo I started with one that looked like an analog and battery life sucks so now I have an eGo in the mail. But it is good that you found this site and are asking I wish I had before I bought my first one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast