Is vaping really safer???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is vaping really safer???

Default Is vaping really safer???

Just wondering what you all thought. I mean everyone thought smoking was fine back when. I'm just concerned about breathing something in that can cause sores on your mouth and stuff. Has anyone been vaping for awhile and seen their doctor or had chest xrays or anything? I really want to try this!! But have some reservations!!

No one can fully assure you it's perfectly safe. There have been studies linked to in other threads, which proclaim the safety, and perhaps even therapeutic benefit of inhaling PG vapor.

That being said, after two weeks of vaping and no cigs, I feel much better.

And I'm certain that I've done much worse things to my body then suck on an ecig.

Full Member ECF Veteran

No one knows for sure,as there wasn't long term studies,but i rather take my chances with vaping than smoking.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

After two months of not smoking, I can say that I feel great. I sleep better. My breathing has improved. Sinus issues are down to a minimum. I can work out without nearly passing out.

This is a huge change from when I was smoking a pack a day.

While the verdict is still out on any possible long-term issues, I would rather take my chances, as well.

The infuriating thing for me is I am almost certain that the technology and general idea behind it make sense. It should be possible to build a machine that turns a non-toxic substance into a vapour that can deliver a hit to the throat/lungs like smoke but that is composed of non-harmful substances. That must be possible and can't be that hard! We can put a man on the moon, for chrissakes we must be able to create water vapour!

My fear is not so much about the theory, it is that the actual units themselves (or the carts/liquids) contaminate the vapour, for example through liquid reacting with the plastic containers, or the atomiser metal degrading into the vapour. Stuff like that is really scary to me. A well-built, non-leaky vapouriser would, I believe, have a really good chance of being totally safe but I'm not 100% sure that's what we are using.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Shannon, even if the FDA appproved the e-liquid that would not mean it was perfectly safe. Just look at the law suits from FDA approved drugs.

Your always going to have a few people that have adverse reations to any thing. LOL, some people cannot eat peanut butter, strawberrys and I cannot eat whole wheat bread. I am not going to tell you not to eat whole wheat bread just because I have a problem.

I have been vaping since June 2008 and I figure vaping less than 20 chemical has got to be better than 4000 chemical and 40 or so are know to cause cancer.

I have look up all the ingidians in the e-liquid I use and none at this time are know to cause cancer.

They have known since the 1940's that PG was an anti bacterial and anti viral substance.

I did have a x-ray done today and on the 21st my doctor will probaly tell me there is no problem. If there is one from Vaping he will know it, because he has know since June that I vape.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Klimpt View Post
    My fear is not so much about the theory, it is that the actual units themselves (or the carts/liquids) contaminate the vapour, for example through liquid reacting with the plastic containers, or the atomiser metal degrading into the vapour. Stuff like that is really scary to me.
    Scary as compared to smoking known carcinogens and toxins?

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran QueenInNC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex1407 View Post
    No one knows for sure,as there wasn't long term studies,but i rather take my chances with vaping than smoking.
    I agree with this. I will take vaping over 4000 chemicals any day.
    www.eliquidplanet.com

Super Member ECF Veteran

There is a thread here that you might find interesting: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...th-claims.html

Ultra Member

To carry on smoking tobacco ..is like saying I would sooner do something I 'know' will kill me because I am much too scared of doing something that might 'not' kill me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast