ENCORE OR ENCOREVAPOR has anyone tried this e-cig? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ENCORE OR ENCOREVAPOR has anyone tried this e-cig?

Digital Gypsy Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If the kit is the same one they advertise on their website I *think* they're a kr808d-1. Look on the back of the charger and see if that series of numbers appears. If my eyes aren't playing tricks on me I think I can see them on the charger pic.

If it is a kr8 then cartos are readily available from a lot of approved suppliers listed in the suppliers' subforum

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
    I only see the voltage : 2 parts - usb charger= input dc5v = 0.3a, output = dc4.2=0.1a (that's it). Wall unit only gives about the same. The e-cig employs a 3.7v battery.

Quote Originally Posted by WomanOfHeart View Post
    Hello and welcome, isbnbook! $26 for 5 cartridges? That raises a big red flag for me. No way should you have to pay that much for cartridges.

Take a look at these videos and you'll see why:

Mistress Nomad's Videos for Newbies (Especially Broke Newbies)
    These are excellent videos thank you so much for posting them here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. Newbie here. Just purchased myself an Encore kit from a local smoke shop. They were selling a single battery starter kit for $60 bucks. Decided to try this one out. I have had an Njoy kit before and was really disappointed with the customer service.

So far so good. I really love the taste of the carts. The battery life is decent. probably should pick up an extra battery.
    it comes with a lifetime warranty on the battery, so I think that its a pretty good investment. Will see how everything ends up working out after I keep using this thing.

Overall, I'd say I'm pretty happy with everything. It looks really sharp, it smokes well. Update soon!

Wink Encore review

I bought an Encore kit a couple of weeks ago. Two piece design, two batteries, five carts. More carts were $25 for five, so I bought one set and 30ml of vanilla 16mg juice for $25. I refilled the first set and started using them today. And the verdict is...mixed.

There isn't as much vapor as I'd like (or quite as much as the new carts had). Flavor is good, but not as good as with unused cart. I'm using vanilla flavor, it tastes better with carts that started out with vanilla than when refilling tobacco-flavored carts.

Bought it all at the local tobacco shop. When I finish this bottle I'll probably mix my own juice with the veg type per MistressNomad's vids. I think I'm in love with her, she's so smart and beautiful. Great video series. I don't think the refilled carts will last quite as long as a new cart, but I'm trying to be careful not to overfill.

Original kit: 80
    5 more carts: 25
    60ml juice: 25

Total: $130

Not bad. This bottle will last at least a month, as far as I can tell from here.

A big plus is the chargers -- comes with USB, wall and car charger. The assembled unit is the size of a cigarette, so small batteries = short life. I cope by carrying everything (other than the wall/car chargers) in one of those American Spirit yellow cans -- it all fits easily, so I can always carry the kit with me. There's always somewhere to charge it, whether the the charger that lives in the car, the one in the wall at home or via a USB port wherever I'm working.

Thanks for the site and great info!
    Last edited by Armchair_Rambo; 01-16-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: accuracy

Default Encore review - part 2

Follow-up, er, follows.

The Encore e-cig kit used in the previous review konked out on me about a week later. The batteries pretty much stopped holding a charge, then stopped working altogether. I took it all back to Smokedale in Oakdale, MN and the dudes their told me it was my problem. The very nice manager however (who sold me the kit) had told me they would exchange at the store and do the return for me. So I went back when she was there and she swapped the batteries for me. They still didn't work. So it must be the USB adapter necessary for charging, right? A new one didn't help.

I had decided to quit smoking real cigs 48 hours earlier, so it could not have come at worse time!

Nevertheless, I returned the kit to Encore and they sent a new one VERY quickly! So at this point, the product works great (so far) and the service was excellent.

I'm concerned that my refilled carts may have shorted those batteries. So, just in case, I'm being careful to store the cigs with the cart down and the battery up when I'm not vaping.

I'll report back at some point in the near future.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm gona bump this thread out of the dark and ask.. Is this encore ecig a kr808d-1? I have a friend asking and I can't see to find it on the products site. I really didn't want him to buy this but he got excited and did it without asking for an opinion.

He is asking how to make this ecig hit harder and doesn't want to buy anything else since he spent a bunch on it.

I want to find some low resistance cartos/attys for him and try to make this a better experience

Quit smoking: 2-18-2011

ECF Veteran

There is such a thing as a bad investment. I can't see sticking with poor quality and high prices for no other reason than you've wasted a lot of money on poor quality and high prices. The first kit I got cost me around $100 and it was a crappy Freedom Smokeless KR808D2 knock off. I junked it without a second thought and got an eGo that cost less an was a whole lot better.

ECF Veteran

Well this isn't my investment and I am trying to talk him out of putting more money into it. My first ecig was a eGo-t system and i'm not mad about it. I want him to look into the Reo box mods because they are a dream to vape. I was just hoping someone knew the threading of these batteries..

Quit smoking: 2-18-2011

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by silentt View Post
    Well this isn't my investment and I am trying to talk him out of putting more money into it. My first ecig was a eGo-t system and i'm not mad about it. I want him to look into the Reo box mods because they are a dream to vape. I was just hoping someone knew the threading of these batteries..
    I wasn't directing my remarks at you. It was a general comment. I've seen that reasoning before and usually, it's throwing good money after bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast