ZFM cart mod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZFM cart mod

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default ZFM cart mod

I was looking at the ZFM Vapor website and they're selling some carts with a yellow foam looking thing that has a straw. Has good reviews on the website, supposed to keep the atty wet while allowing every drop of liquid to be dispensed out of the cart. Wondered if this works or if anyone has tried it? I drip mostly but I'm hating the new Joye cartos so I'd like to be able to have a cart filled and ready to go when I'm driving. Any input would be appreciated.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I bought a kit from him then made my own. For me this is just the most amazing cart mod out there

Home - ZFM Vapors

How did you make your own? I didn't see a kit, just saw the yellow inserts and straw, what did you change? I'm using 510 carts.

Super Member ECF Veteran throbinskin's Avatar

I ordered a 510 kit and also extra 510 plugs from zfm website. They are in my mailbox as I am trying this..... I will be trying these out tomorrow when I get home... I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by throbinskin View Post
    I ordered a 510 kit and also extra 510 plugs from zfm website. They are in my mailbox as I am trying this..... I will be trying these out tomorrow when I get home... I'll let you know!
    Awesome!! I'll look forward to your initial review. I'm having trouble with cartridges keeping my atty wet so I'd like to know how it performs in that aspect, and also whether or not it leaks?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn L. View Post
    Awesome!! I'll look forward to your initial review. I'm having trouble with cartridges keeping my atty wet so I'd like to know how it performs in that aspect, and also whether or not it leaks?
    The problem I had with the premade was they where to tight in my ego 510 carts. This would not allow the juice to drip, cut the caps so they fit in carts just a little loose.

I bought a silicon pad that is for use in microwave for a dollar. A belt punch for 5 bucks at harbor freight. A package of 100 straws for a buck. I had a stamp pad. Used an empty cart on stamp pad and stamped the silicon sheet. Then cut out with scissors. I am a heavy vapor, no leaks and attys does not get dry till cart empty
    Last edited by mgmrick; 11-12-2010 at 04:57 AM.

So you cut the silicone pad to the shape of your cart, then put a hole in the center with the belt punch? What do the straws do? Does the hole in the pad need to line up perfectly with your atty?

straw supports the whole plug from being pushed down into the cart by the atty bridge - you cut the straw just shorter than the cart length.

plug hole needs to touch the top of the atty bridge so you get a "seal" and the juice is only allowed to wick thru the bridge mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by nubee View Post
    straw supports the whole plug from being pushed down into the cart by the atty bridge - you cut the straw just shorter than the cart length.

plug hole needs to touch the top of the atty bridge so you get a "seal" and the juice is only allowed to wick thru the bridge mesh.
    So I wonder if an X cut would work, so when the atty pushed up on the X cut it would open up just however much it needed? Sorry, I'm a woman and DIY isn't normally my thing, but my husband isn't a vaper so he's no help at all and I really need a good cart mod. And I'm not asking out of laziness, I searched the forum for different mods and some don't seem to work well, and others basically require some sort of science degree to even figure it out! LOL

I believe some have tried the 'X' approach with hit/miss success.

I think the issue with an 'X' is that not enough fluid reaches the bridge mesh and you don't get the wicking you really want/need - it isn't like a latern wick so the ejuice doesn't move all that fast.

Some of this too depends on the thickness of your juice (PG vs. VG) and the hi/low setup of your bridge.

Like most things vaper.....matter of taste (trial/error)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast