Do E cigs cause wheezing & headaches?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do E cigs cause wheezing & headaches?

Default Do E cigs cause wheezing & headaches?

Hi,

I have been smoking e-cigs for the last 6 months. I started smoking e-cigs to help me reduce or stop smoking cigs which I have been using (Marlboro's or other brands) for the last 40 years.

From June this year when I started with e-cigs, I reduced smoking Marlboro's from 30 cigs a day to about 8-10 cigs a day.

The problem is that I am now wheezing a lot & have constant headaches & neck aches. The doctor sent me for X-rays & heart echo tests to determine the cause of wheezing, but all tests were satisfactory.

Do e-cigs cause wheezing & a constant throat irritation & phlegm production? What is the reason & what is the remedy. I smoke STEAMS e-cigs.

Navien

Blog Entries

Hi Navien, this is the first time I heard that e-cigs cause headaches & neck aches, the problem I know is if you keep vaping without a stop, you may feel sick, I suppose no one use true cigarettes like this, it's gonna kill people. LOL

Super Member ECF Veteran

Hmmm-try drinking a lot of water. dehydration can cause both to an extent, and if that's it, an easy fix......e-cigs can cause dehydration. Smart going to a doc Always better to have a professional opinion.

Super Member ECF Veteran

water......as said. Also may need to reduce your nic level to help with the headache.

Are you coughing? If so have them check for whooping cough. I got that over the summer and it started off with headache and wheezing, (Dr. first said it was a sinus infection) then went into a horrible cough that lasted for 3 1/2 months. I thought I was gonna die before it was gone. It is often missed in adults, especially smokers cause they automatically want to blame it on the cigs. While I had it my x-rays were clear, they could see nothing that would cause the wheeze or the cough, however, it was severe.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Well i heard that if you use too high levels of nic can caouse headaches. Wheezing probably comes from it too. Also idk what kind of base of juice you use PG or VG. Try to reduce a level of nic and maybe a juice vendor.

Moved On

what's nicotine level you smoke ?

I am using STEAMZ e-cig with 'High" nicotine cartridge.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Getting too much nicotine would be a combination of the nicotine amount of the cart and how much you are vaping. if you are vaping more than you smoked or with more and/or bigger drags, then maybe you need lower nicotine.

Also, I am unfamiliar with your model and I don't know what type of glycol base would be in your carts (PG, VG or a mix), but some carts are 100% PG and that can be a bit harsh on the tongue and throat.

Hey there dude. Ive been a smoker for about 11 years. pack and a half a day. I have quit completely for about 30 days and i must say that i have wheezed a bit too. read up on "smoking cessation" on google. apparently, your lungs will try to clean themselves out after a while. Probably because you arent putting as much junk in them as you would on a regular basis. just my two cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast