Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USPS delivered my package to the wrong place!

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

USPS isn't real-time tracking, it's just delivery confirmation. Sometimes it takes days for them to update it.

I do have a problem with them misdelivering mail all the time though... with all the mail I get that is supposed to go someplace else, I wonder how much of my own mail I'm not getting. Sometimes it's as simple as getting the neighbor's mail. Other times, its from someplace on the other side of the city... and I wonder ...?

2. Advertisement
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    the Postal Goobers

HA! I like that, mind if I use the term??

The guy that my package was delivered to, said I ought to file a claim saying I never received my package. I'm just not like that. I did get what I paid for after all.

The thought did occur to me for a split second just so I can be a pain in the whoohoo to the post office but then, the paper pusher who I would be bothering has nothing to do with the persons responsible for the misdirection of the package. I'm just happy that I got my stash, even if I had to drive several miles out of my way to get it.
    -d

4. Advertisement
    ECF Veteran

Walrus

If I got started on all the neighbor maill I receive, ya'll would be here all day, just reading. The very worst was one morning when I was leaving for work. On my top step was about 7 or 8 pieces of mail belonging to a lady several streets away. Yup, just laying there on my top step. That was the one and only time I took everything to the post office to file a complaint. Then they wouldn't LET me make an official complaint because it was NOT my mail. They scare me. I had to have my bank card sent to me three times because the first two never made it to my house.

Mr Davis is so right... Postal Goobers.
    -d

I'm out 130 bucks cause USPS delivered to the wrong address. Not much i can do about it..No insurance so i loose. The 2 vendors cant help me because tracking says its been delivered. Glad someone was nice enough to call you...not so much in my case. I've been ordering from china this way a signature is needed...sadly some of the vendors on this board have been loosing out on my money.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Vendors should start using more reliable delivery services. UPS or FEDEX. I understand they aren't always perfect eithier but its better than USPS.

As for my order, I finally got through and found out my order sliped through the cracks of the system, and my product is on back order so it will be an extra 3 days before it will even be shipped. They through in an extra pack of cartridges for free for my trouble but seriously, thats not the issue. The problem with that is I ordered on Friday. I'm smoking analogs waiting for my PV to arrive. Thats three more packs of cigarettes before it even ships and between three and six more packs before it gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypopwizkid View Post
    Vendors should start using more reliable delivery services. UPS or FEDEX. I understand they aren't always perfect eithier but its better than USPS.
    I have to disagree with you there. USPS priority mail has been much faster for me then Fedex or UPS unless I'm actually paying for overnight service.
    UPS ground is the bane of my existence. It took them a week to get me the last package I got from them, and it only had to go about 400 miles.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think a lot of that though depends on your area. They are fairly fast here, but other places I've lived its been a lot slower and it doesn't seem to necissarily connect to rual vs. urban. HOWEVER. Despite them being slow, I have to say UPS has NEVER lost a package on me. USPS has. Better late than never.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Since I got a new mail carrier last year after complaining, I get my stuff a lot faster. The last mail carrier only delivered my packages on thursdays and she would post them as having been delivered. The post office has never lost a package yet. I am going to keep using EMS out of China because I have to sign for it, harder to lose a sign for package.

ECF Veteran

Neither one of my EMS packages were signed for. I asked the guy that received mine today and he said no one signed at his job, it was left with the rest of their mail.

My first EMS package that I received, was left in my door because no one was home when it was delivered. USPS tracking shows that they left a card and it's at the PO.
    -d

Complaining to the USPS about a mail carrier sometimes works. I used to get my mail every other day. One day I pulled into my complex and saw the postal worker sitting in his vehicle smoking a doobie. I complained to the USPS about the sporadic mail service and got a new carrier....now I get mail every day again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast