Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My throat feels funny...

Default My throat feels funny...

I got my e-cig in the mail yesterday and have been vaping since yesterday afternoon. Last night I noticed I felt a little funny then today when I woke up my throat kinda hurts. It hurts in the middle of my throat at the top, pretty much where my uvula (sp?) is. I thought this was supposed to be less harsh than analog smoking?

2. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran

I have gone thru the same thing....
    many reasons it could be
    read these threads and see if it helps
    A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
    Throat kinda hurts.
    Sore throat from vaping need help
    not sure why I'm feeling like this
    Too harsh
    Coughing after ecigs?
    Sore throat....drink water!!
    Sore Throat?
    and there are alot more that talk about this as well....
    Glad you are here and on your journey!
    It may be a little bumpy of a road at first.....but well worth it.
    Last edited by texasgranny; 12-16-2010 at 01:22 PM.

4. Advertisement

Make sure you're topping off your carts very regularly and giving them proper time to wick. If you're overheating juice or drying out carts, that can definitely irritate your throat. Dry vapor is nasty vapor!

Senior Member ECF Veteran REGGAEGEEK's Avatar

You didn't really give us much to go on like what ecig you have, what flavor cartridges, what nicotine density (mg/ml), how much you used to smoke, what you used to smoke. How much you are vaping, etc. but it's probably one of a couple of things... the biggest thing vapor does is dry out your mouth and throat. The PG that almost all of the e-liquid is based on is hydroscopic, meaning in a nutshell that it absorbs moisture from its surroundings. Try drinking your fav beverage while you vape. I Love Mtn Dew with mine.
    Last edited by REGGAEGEEK; 12-16-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: sp
    "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

Senior Member ECF Veteran daath's Avatar

It's really important to drink a lot when you vape, I've found. It's ok to drink whatever, but make sure you drink more regular water than you usually do; it's better for you

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

The juice that comes in prefilled carts or bottles from many mainly-hardware sellers is often the plain 100% PG juice from China. I found that a bit harsh on my tongue and throat. I prefer juices with some VG in them - it smooths them out a bit. Some popular ratios are 70PG/30VG, 80PG/20VG and 50/50.

And drink plenty of fluids.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Drink lots of water.
    Vaping since 11/24/10 Thank you ECF & www.reosmods.com

Super Member ECF Veteran VAPOINSANO's Avatar
    Blog Entries

seasons greetings jen8112 !

n00b here,
    i hit the ecig like a mofo! lol

tips...

1) up your fluid intake significantlly(lots)

,h20 works the best! + not diuretic (coffee,tea ,cranberry,etc)

2) good e-juice is a must,you'll know!!

3) take a few good (forced)breaks during your vaping sessions!
    (i could'nt put it down, its part of my anatomy now,
    hey, thats just me!! lmao)

4) there is a "break in" period for your body to adjust too!
    including, withdrawals,adjustment,so-on)

5) read all posts +read this forum it has ALL you need +then some!!

hope this helps,its just my
    good luck+ keep us posted on your journey!

V.I.
    LOVE & Good Juice is ALL you really Need !! VapeHard ResearchMonkey's ,JugheadzJuice! ...Cos Woodstock told me ;)

Thanks guys, I will drink more. I just got my BluCig in the mail yesterday. I tried the pre-filled Tobacco and Mint flavors, I'm assuming they are 24 but it didn't say. I actually ordered the ultra light tobacco ones but they sent me the the muti-pack instead. As of right now I love vaping...not loving the Blu though. Next I have to figure out if I want a KD808, the 510 or go straight to the eGo and then get myself some yummy juice.

Senior Member ECF Veteran REGGAEGEEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jen8112 View Post
    Thanks guys, I will drink more. I just got my BluCig in the mail yesterday. I tried the pre-filled Tobacco and Mint flavors, I'm assuming they are 24 but it didn't say. I actually ordered the ultra light tobacco ones but they sent me the the muti-pack instead. As of right now I love vaping...not loving the Blu though. Next I have to figure out if I want a KD808, the 510 or go straight to the eGo and then get myself some yummy juice.
    The blu is an L88B made by JSB, I've never seen one produce any vapor to speak of. Great marketing though by blu! They also ruin atomizers fast by having to use the bridge to puncture the foil on the carts....

Just one path you could go, order yourself a basic Joye 510 kit and a cheap 510 to 808d adapter. You can then vape the 510 and have all it's benefits like cheap replacement parts, wide availability, reasonable performance, etc. and also order some 808d cartos and use them on the 510 batts.

Things are changing really fast and there are some really new items comming out very soon. One that holds real promise is the new Ego Tank system. You can check it out in this thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...nk-system.html
    Last edited by REGGAEGEEK; 12-17-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast