Please help - Page 5
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help

Full Member ECF Veteran

hahaha, the Marb flavor was REALLY thing, so I just added some of the thin Maple and it tastes pretty damn sweet. It's like smoking a cig while eating pancakes LOL! I think a better PV is going to give me a more true reading of my new flavors

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE'S PHOTOS View Post
    yeah I understand vaping is not as care free as smoking. It's easy to light up and go, this takes a little work.
    I haven't read through the whole thread yet but had to stop and reply to this comment. At first I thought that way too - that all of this vaping stuff is more work, more hassle, than smoking ever was. But then I started to *really* compare...

[Now keep in mind, atm my pv of choice is a basic 510, using cartomizers]

Vaping = Recharging my batteries every 3-4 hours, wiping off the threads on both battery and cartomizer. Refilling my cartomizer about once every hour. Changing flavors every now and then, depending on mood, by just screwing on a different carto.

Smoking (when I smoked in the house) = Going to the store every few days for cigarettes or spending copious amounts of cash on a few cartons at a time, washing clothes after only wearing them once to get the stink out of them, constantly cleaning yellow film off of every surface (mirrors, windows, computer, etc), dumping out ashtrays and having ashes float all over the place, washing ashtrays so they can actually look nice for the next 5 minutes, constantly wiping dropped ashes off my desk and out of my keyboard, burn holes in carpets, burn holes in clothes, burn holes in sheets (SCARY!), having to constantly change from my favorite brand because it was now too expensive. [smoking outside] Having to stop everything I was doing INSIDE so I could run outside and smoke.

After taking everything into consideration - vaping really isn't that much hassle, LOL!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

very good advice

Quote Originally Posted by EMTJH View Post
    I bought the same thing (51 trio), and mine broke within 2 days. I was able to trade it in for a new one at no extra cost so that was nice. I also looked at getting some extras for it and found them extremely overpriced. After many questions and hours of research, I bought a riva from liberty flights. It was $30 and uses 510 components that you can get almost everywhere. I am not telling you to buy another one but this was for sure more convenient and cost effective for me. At $10 for five carts for the trio, I could get a lot more for my money by refilling myself, and have a lot more options in the future. Whatever your decision may be, your not smoking analogs anymore and that's the best decision you can make! Hope this helped some, if not I am sure other members can!
    Jeff

Full Member ECF Veteran

Jessara, I totally agree with you. I am truely trying my best to stick with this. Just hope that when my Riva shows up it will be easier.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Aww I'm sure it will be. Once you get good equipment all that's left is finding the right nic dose and the right flavors. But that's kind of the fun part - testing all those flavors you never imagined "smoking", LOL!

Full Member ECF Veteran

I hope my Riva comes in today because I'm really ready to flush these crap E-cigs down the toilet.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I hope your Riva comes in today too. I've enjoyed reading this thread....it reminds me so much of my own experience. I'm anxious to see what your first impressions are of your new kit.

Don't throw your crap E-cigs down the toilet though. Clean them up and save them for that time when a curious loved one asks you about vaping. You can pass them along to them so they get an idea of what vaping is like without having to shell out the money you did. Most of us started out with something like you did and had pretty much the same experience. At least our original "mistakes" give us the realization that quitting smoking is something we are capable of doing. Four months ago I would have never thought quitting was something I could do.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Tiger, thanks for the support. It's great to know that I'm not the only person that started this way. I do plan on keeping my old stuff for others to try. I have already converted two people and that's with crap. Wait till I have good equipment!!! You might wanna buy some stock in E-cig.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I never throw away *any* of my pv stuff - even old attys that don't vape anymore get kept in the pv-graveyard box. My hubby is planning on getting into modding and he uses old attys to check battery connections and whatnot. Besides that, you never know when you might have one of "those" days when all your good stuff just decides to quit working at once (on a weekend, of course) - you'll be glad you have that POS you threw in the back of a drawer to get you through the next few days until the replacements come.

Full Member ECF Veteran

yes you're right. Well I have two starter kits right now, so yeah maybe I'll save one kit and donate the other. I do also save all my old atty's.

SO.....I just checked the tracking on my Riva and it looks like maybe Monday or Tues.....DAMNIT!!!! Tap, Tap, Tap.....Still waiting

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast