am I putting nicotine in the air??
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: am I putting nicotine in the air??

Default am I putting nicotine in the air??

I showed my DH my e-cig. He said you should not use that inside, you could still be putting nicotine in the air. What do you think??

Super Member ECF Veteran

He most likely would ingest more nicotine from eating a potato, tomato or an eggplant.

You are putting nicotine in the air in very small amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
    He most likely would ingest more nicotine from eating a potato, tomato or an eggplant.

I agree. And considering the vapor dissipates much more quickly than tobacco smoke, that is just another bogus scare tactic IMO.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This is the million dollar question. My daughter asked me the same thing as she was concerned about vaping around my grandson. Although I agree with the others that any nic would be minuscule at best, I couldn't tell her no with certainty. I don't vape around him but I wish there was definitive testing in this area. I mean, she's not worried about the PG....just the nic.

Lu

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    In the beautiful coal mining country of Ohio!

That is a good question, wish we had the answer. I thought I read on some of the supplier ads that we weren't putting anything in the air except harmless vapor. Now I'm a little confused, but hey, as far as I'm concerned, I will still be telling everyone the only thing they are seeing is harmless vapor.

I've explained it to some with the visual of them going out on a cold day and blowing out a breathe. They see a vapor of sorts. I tell them that's all they are seeing, is a vapor of sorts.

So far this explanation seems to satisfy most of the curious. And that's all they are, most of them, are just curious. After I give them that explanation, even my have-never-smoked family and friends love the idea of me vaping!

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by SharonLM View Post
    That is a good question, wish we had the answer. I thought I read on some of the supplier ads that we weren't putting anything in the air except harmless vapor. Now I'm a little confused, but hey, as far as I'm concerned, I will still be telling everyone the only thing they are seeing is harmless vapor.
    Yeh well, they also say one cart = a pack of cigs....and you can smoke them anywhere....so that has to be taken with a grain of salt.

When someone asks me, I tell them what I believe to be true....there may be some nic in the exhaled vapor. Most of them are okay with that but prefer not to do it around their kids either (little ones...most don't seem to mind around older ones). But this has only been my experience....YMMV.

Lu

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

I get disgusted when I hear things like that. Sure, you may see trace amounts, but what about the other things?

Most chemicals are expelled from the lungs. Why aren't these people worried about alcohol, caffeine, viruses, and drugs? Some people have been programmed to think that way.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Well down here is southeast Texas we have several Petro chemical plants and people worry about a tad of Nic in the air. What about those peole that live close to a coal buring electric place. Driving your car is more poluting. Give me a break and especially don't eat any more Tomatoes and patatoes.

Blog Entries

If nicotine is in the vapor going into your lungs, it is in the vapor coming out of your lungs, respect people's rights to clean air, don't smoke it around those who don't like it.

You are definitely putting miniscule amounts of nicotine in the air. Nicotine has not been proven to have any harmful effect. On the contrary both PG and nicotine have only turned up studies that have shown beneficial properties. Other then the addictive nature of nicotine can anyone show any conclusive proof that either of these substances have ever in any case been shown to cause harm. Many poisons have medicinal use.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast