How will I know my Cartomizer is done?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will I know my Cartomizer is done?

Default How will I know my Cartomizer is done?

I am brand new to this...my first week! And just curious as to how I will know when my cartomizer is done? Will the actual vapor just stop? Will I get a different taste? What's the best way to know?

Thanks!!

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

It will light on fire and make the smoke detector go off. Just kidding!

You will get a different taste and depending on the carto, you might get a slightly burnt smell. Usually when the flavor starts to go it's time to refill.

Welcome to ECF!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Burnt taste? Maybe

Blog Entries

Welcome newbie! I'm pretty new to this as well. Not getting any weird taste or diminished vapor, and curious as I don't want to vape a carto dry and then ruin it. Sooo...I suggest searching for a video on here called the "reverse Taryn spin". Watch the video, then take a cartomizer that you *think* is empty, reverse T-spin it, and you just might be suprised. I got a half cap's worth of juice out, then did it again and got almost another half. So it wasn't as "empty" as I thought. I put the liquid back in, and now feel like I have a much better idea of how long these cartos last. Hope this helps.

OK..cool thanks. That's exactly what I was experiencing a burnt like taste. Thanks for the help. I can tell this forum is going to be great help!! Am so excited to never smoke another analog!

Blog Entries

Here is the video:

Senior Member ECF Veteran

hello and welcome!

this is how it was for me: the first one that went out...well it took me a minute to figure it out...maybe b/c my taste buds are shot...but you WILL notice that it starts to taste really bad. you'll be like ... is wrong omg that tastes horrible! lol
    it will also have a burnt smell, when you smell close to the top of the carto.

every time afterwards you will be able to tell sooner, until you know it almost right away. youll remember that nasty smell...maybe keep the first one so you can use it to reference the nasty burnt smell...

you will get the hang of it! and make sure you keep the ones you dont fry in case you ever want to refill them!

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Well if you have any plans to refill the carto, then don't vape it dry but it's a bit tricky to tell when. If you are getting less vapor or it starts tasting funny or getting hotter, then refill. To get the best life out of a carto you don't want to stress the atty in it or singe the stuffing. They will die or taste bad after some number of refills anyway, but most people refill them as many times as they can (and that is easiest with nice soft-cap cartos)

If you are just going to toss the carto then vape it dry or until it tastes bad and then throw it out.

A couple of companies might be coming out with clear cartos or ones with windows so you could see how much juice is left.

You will get a bad/burnt taste . After awhile of vaping you'll recognize the taste when it happens.

I can never tell with my blus. I can get a couple hits and then I have to leave them alone for about ten minutes to get another hit. They're weird. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast