Thread: Passthrough with USB charger adapter?

Default Passthrough with USB charger adapter?

I just ordered a 510 USB passthrough and I'm a little hesitant to plug it into my laptop. Does it work and is it safe to plug the passthrough into the USB wall adapter that came with my eGo?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

What kind of passthrough is it? do you have a link to where you got it from?

It's the 510 USB Passthrough (Manual, Black) from ivape.net. 510 USB Passthrough (Manual, Black) | Passthroughs | iVAPE

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

It's a 5V, so you'll want to get a wall adapter for it. It's better to be safe than sorry and it'll work better with an adapter, too.

OK, So I checked your link:

I have this same one, and encountered issues that i wasn't aware of, until I asked about it on here. Just like you!

You will need a usb wall adapter with more power than you got with your Ego. You need one that does at least 1 amp I think. You can buy 2amp wall adapters on eBay etc. This will give you the full 5 volt experience. (dont use LR atomizers on this though)

Mine does work on my computers USB port, but i dont think its working at the full 5 volts its designed to. I have a Macbook Pro though, and I think these have pretty powerful USB ports. A lot of laptop/pc usb ports dont have sufficient power. Give it a try though, if its not powerful enough, it wont harm.. it will just not work, and the end will flash every time you hit the button.

Heres a link to wall adapter...

Dual USB AC Wall Charger iPhone IPOD Touch GPS - 2 AMP - eBay (item 390275076110 end time Jan-25-11 08:06:26 PST)

You can get them for the car too.. Just be sure to get a 2 amp one.

Proud REOnaut Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Mad Vapes has both adapters (car and wall, both 2 amp) for about $9 each.
    Using various REOs with various RM2s and LOVIN' it!

hi guys,

newbie here. I just bought an ego passthrough 650mah battery. It didn't came in with a wall charger. I have a couple of usb wall charger here but im just not sure if its safe to use on my ego. One of the charger's details says input: 100-240V AC50-60Hz Output: DC 5.0V 1000ma+-5% and the other charger says input: AC 100-240V 50/60hz 120mA output: DC 5.0V 500mA.

Can i use both of these wall chargers on my ego passthtough 650mah batt?